• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
There is, I suppose, always going to be a lot of negative threads and comments on a forum such as this, and we've had our fair share of those over recent weeks and months, so thought I'd redress the balance slightly.

My son (which rather scarily i didn't have when i first joined this forum!) attended the Junior Blues Christmas Party last night at the Kursaal, and he was absolutely buzzing about the whole evening, and even this morning, was still going on about it.

The effort put in by the Shrimpers Trust to set the evening up was superb, and the buy-in from both the players and Phil Brown himself was different class. A massive well done to all involved and it just highlights that there are a lot of positives around our club and a lot of things they do well.

The players seemed to genuinely enjoy the evening, and their interaction with all the kids did not at any point seem false or forced, and I hope they realise what an impact that has - It will literally ensure support for the future.

I have a constant battle with my boy in terms of getting him to ignore the pull of the Premiership teams and Peer pressure from his mates who "support" the likes of Chelsea etc, but this kind of event really helps. Helps even more when I embroider the story even more by telling him he'd never get this kind of experience supporting Arsenal! :)

Big well done to Phil Brown too - He was fully involved in the evening and seemed to be having a really good time - Nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Massive well done to all! :)

There is, I suppose, always going to be a lot of negative threads and comments on a forum such as this, and we've had our fair share of those over recent weeks and months, so thought I'd redress the balance slightly.

My son (which rather scarily i didn't have when i first joined this forum!) attended the Junior Blues Christmas Party last night at the Kursaal, and he was absolutely buzzing about the whole evening, and even this morning, was still going on about it.

The effort put in by the Shrimpers Trust to set the evening up was superb, and the buy-in from both the players and Phil Brown himself was different class. A massive well done to all involved and it just highlights that there are a lot of positives around our club and a lot of things they do well.

The players seemed to genuinely enjoy the evening, and their interaction with all the kids did not at any point seem false or forced, and I hope they realise what an impact that has - It will literally ensure support for the future.

I have a constant battle with my boy in terms of getting him to ignore the pull of the Premiership teams and Peer pressure from his mates who "support" the likes of Chelsea etc, but this kind of event really helps. Helps even more when I embroider the story even more by telling him he'd never get this kind of experience supporting Arsenal! :)

Big well done to Phil Brown too - He was fully involved in the evening and seemed to be having a really good time - Nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Massive well done to all! :)

Well doneSUFC and all involved!

This is exactly why we always say we are happier supporting a lower league club - excellent engagement with supporters and actual gratitude and appreciation of support. Also the rejuvenation of Junior Blues is brilliant - superb job by all involved. :thumbsup:

Yep well done Kay and everyone at the Trust and club, sounds like a good event.

I was also in attendance last night with my partners kids who love attending JB events as they both love the fact the players talk to you like normal people do :)

The event cost £5.00 per child which seeing what they got for that price was bloody amazing. The players really engaged with the kids and Dan even took time to speak with her youngest about goalkeeping ( As he's just starting training with in the academy

The trust have and do take a bashing (even from me) but last nigth I take my hat of to them and even Im looking forward to the next event.

Great to hear. Bit of a trek for us on a weekday evening but would love to come to future events.

Saw some pics on Facebook too and it looked like good fun.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the kind comments, seems there were more Zoners there than I thought - should have introduced yourself RC! Phil Brown was on a different level of #fanengagement he really went the extra mile, even getting drinks for the kids on his lane (don't think he'd realised there was free squash and water provided!), and made sure the whole room knew on the two occasions he got a strike!

It is the one event we put on which, unfortunately, has to be on a school night. We try and put things on in the school hols where possible and just can't do that with this.

Please get your youngsters to spread the word, there are a number of really good events for the Junior Blues and we'd love to make it an even more successful thing than it is now.

If anyone has photos please feel free to share them here, I didn't really get much chance to take many. There were some great Vines by Warren kicking about on Twitter last night, worth checking on @SUFCRootsHall if you've not already seen them. There will be a write up in the Echo tomorrow night.

Sad to hear Phil Brown wasn't in the ticket office answering the phones - no wonder people complain about the waiting times. :sad:

Otherwise it sounds liked a good evening!

Back