• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I was out at a party last night and I was shown a text on someone's phone stating the following:

Ferdinand going to Fulham and loaned back

Grant to Crawley - Done deal

Mohsni to The Scum with Duguid coming this way

Hall and 100k to Charlton and Benson coming this way.

The text came from someone who was part of the consortium that wanted to buy the club a while back.

Is Duguid even at Col ewe?

I can't see most of this happening to be honest and I'm just wondering if it's just a way of stirring things up a bit.

I also know where the text came from but I know I can't say on here for legal reasons.

Really cannot see Mohsni going to Colchester, he loves the club too much so that would be the most unlikely rumour! In fact, can't see any of them happening really. Mind you, what do I now, anything could happen!

Duguid would never come here. Surely hated by every Southend fan for his actions a few seasons ago when we played them. He'd be hounded out even before he set foot on the training pitch let alone the hallowed turf of Roots Hall

'Mohsni to The Scum with Duguid coming this way'

if this happened (not that i think it will) I might actually break down and cry

I think you may have been fed a bit of a line here, the only thing remotely believable out of that lot is the Ferdinand bit!

Not sure that Sturrock gives a mouse's tail for what has happened prior to his arrival. His only concern will be whether the player can do a job in his team ........ and once the player puts on a Southend shirt he will get my support ....... unless his name is Bowyer, Ted McDougall or Thornton .........

Anyway, for what it is worth, I can't see how a text on a phone can be anymore believed that graffiti on a toilet wall .......even if you know who it was scribbling on the wall ............:smile:

Despite all the criticism of Ron Martin, he knows full well that promotion will bring in far more money to the club over a longer period of time than selling players and getting some cash in now.

I'd be surprised at any of those. I think the Mohsni one is the biggest wind up... Duguid is currently a squad player who's played 6 times this season. Mohsni is potentially one of our biggest assets.

These exact same rumours were posted on football rumours.

No it wasn't me .

Not sure that Sturrock gives a mouse's tail for what has happened prior to his arrival. His only concern will be whether the player can do a job in his team ........ and once the player puts on a Southend shirt he will get my support ....... unless his name is Bowyer, Ted McDougall or Thornton .........

Anyway, for what it is worth, I can't see how a text on a phone can be anymore believed that graffiti on a toilet wall .......even if you know who it was scribbling on the wall ............:smile:

Despite all the criticism of Ron Martin, he knows full well that promotion will bring in far more money to the club over a longer period of time than selling players and getting some cash in now.

I'd say your last line sums it up, plus Sturrock won't want to see 4 of his best players leave. I see one of Grant or Ferdinand leaving probably to fund the signing of Timlin, and if we can get a sell and loan back deal then so much the better.

Great user name BTW mate, and an even better album. :thumbsup:

I think you may have been fed a bit of a line here, the only thing remotely believable out of that lot is the Ferdinand bit!

Came from a very reliable source actually, someone who is part of the consortium so I think maybe they are trying to cause problems as they also mentioned that Sturrock ws n the frame for the Hibs job and Martin has told him he can go

As you bring Luggy into it , it does appear a wind-up.

Why would Ron , with ease, allow him to leave should their be any interest from Hbernian?

Correct me if I'm wrong doesn't Tara head the hiring and firing or releasing of managers now?

As you bring Luggy into it , it does appear a wind-up.

Why would Ron , with ease, allow him to leave should their be any interest from Hbernian?

Correct me if I'm wrong doesn't Tara head the hiring and firing or releasing of managers now?

I know all this is it's probably a wind-up which I told the guy last night, but it's from a member of the consortium. A member of the consortium that I know was on the board but not sure if he still is.

I know all this is it's probably a wind-up which I told the guy last night, but it's from a member of the consortium. A member of the consortium that I know was on the board but not sure if he still is.

Bit of "headology" from Mr. Consortium? Our best players are leaving, Doobad is coming in, what a c-unit Ron Martin is eh?

As far as I know none of the people named as being part of the "consortium" were on the board when they were making noises of their takeover bid a couple of years ago. This reads to me as **** stirring.

Back