• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well even if the rumours are not true we all know the club is still in a lot of trouble. The money from Sainsburys may have papered over the cracks for a while but there is still no new ground on the horizon and the long term prospects of the club still don't look good. we all might moan about the style of football that Sturrock plays but if he were to walk away from the club then we could be in real trouble both on and off the field

Something is wrong though, otherwise Brady would not have quit and the players wouldnt be playing as they are now because they are far better than the results they are getting at the mo.

If anyone hears anything to contradict this alleged scenario they are free to post it.

Until then, I suggest people treat this, like all other rumours on the Zone, with a pinch of salt.

Well somethings afoot I'd say. Teams just don't turn ***** overnight for no apparent reason. There has been a real malaise and lack of effort over the last few weeks.

Its plainly obvious that the players aren't playing anything like to their abilities so if its not a wages situation then there must be another reason but something is very very wrong at the moment.

Tara said that things were happening to undermine the two year plan which lead to his leaving
He started a new job on jan 3rd given it must have taken two weeks to set that up , whatever occured to derail the plan must of happened in November or at the latest early December
If that was not paying the players I would imagine there would have been other repercussions by now

I still don't understand the thinking behind this....if a player is unhappy because he is not getting paid, why on earth would he play badly? Surely he would want to go out on the pitch and show other prospective employers of his worth for when he needs to re-locate. The other advantage might be that the present club perform better, get promoted and then secure better finances; a win-win situation.

Tara said that things were happening to undermine the two year plan which lead to his leaving
He started a new job on jan 3rd given it must have taken two weeks to set that up , whatever occured to derail the plan must of happened in November or at the latest early December
If that was not paying the players I would imagine there would have been other repercussions by now

The last meeting the Southend Saga Louts had with TB was on the 22/10/11 in the Royal Naval Association Prittlewell and at the time he indicated he was looking to get back into the working enviroment that he came from before he joined us.

But he was still commited to SUFC and he had a plan which involved bringing some people into the club who would be more active than Stuart Till had been since joined the club, he did mention a couple of names to us one we recall both based in the city of london

But the thing that stick's in our mind and we talked about last night in length was the comment that TB had indicated that monies borrowed would have have to be paid back we only assume to Sainsbury which was mentioned in the echo report under financial obligations

I still don't understand the thinking behind this....if a player is unhappy because he is not getting paid, why on earth would he play badly?
Maybe the stress and worry of not being able to pay his mortgage and any other bills that fall due.

I know if I didnt get paid I would be extremely naffed off and would find it difficult to put in a decent shift.

Maybe the stress and worry of not being able to pay his mortgage and any other bills that fall due.

I know if I didnt get paid I would be extremely naffed off and would find it difficult to put in a decent shift.
Yes, I agree when the players were in the situation they were two seasons ago, they were months of worry for them, but here, we are talking of a much shorter period (or no period at all if there is no truth in it).

It's still the case that the finances at this club simply don't stack up. I hope things on the pitch keep going relatively well. But we all know that off it, it's a matter of when, not if, the next round of shenanigans starts to emerge.

I still don't understand the thinking behind this....if a player is unhappy because he is not getting paid, why on earth would he play badly? Surely he would want to go out on the pitch and show other prospective employers of his worth for when he needs to re-locate. The other advantage might be that the present club perform better, get promoted and then secure better finances; a win-win situation.
Why don't you donate your wages to charity for 3 months then come back and tell us all how you've been performing at work ?

Ridiculous. If you donate your wages to a charity you do so of your own volition. Not being paid by your employer is an entirely different scenario.

The point is to go without wages for 3 months and try and perform to the best of your ability with the added pressure of financial hardship.

Ridiculous response imo.

The point is to go without wages for 3 months and try and perform to the best of your ability with the added pressure of financial hardship.

Ridiculous response imo.

Nobody in their right mind will voluntarily give up their salary for 3 months so they can't peform their job to the best of their ability.

Ridiculous, ridiculous response IMO. :raspberry:

Last edited:
Nobody in their right mind will voluntarily give up their salary for 3 months so they can't peform their job to the best of their ability.

Ridiculous, ridiculous response IMO. :raspberry:
Bill Gates.

Ridiculous, ridiculous, ridiculous response IMO :off topic:

Sorry but I don't believe it. Ron, himself, said he is putting £100,000 per month.
Yes, and he doesn't take anything from the club. No management charges, especially not £60k per year. Must've imagined it. The only way that £100k can stack up is on non-charged rent. Which he has said is rent-free, but is sitting as a liability on the balance sheet.

No doubt he is subsidising the club - but the truth, and a net figure, would be preferable to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back