• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Players not paid on time again

Boreham Shrimper

President
The Mail on Sunday "confirms" (if you can call it that!) that the players were not paid on time for the fourth month in a row!

That's not really a surprise given our current economic plight though

Not surprising in the least if you ask me given our current circumstances. I'd be far more concerned if the players hadn't been paid at all and we had to go to the PFA, cap in hand to pay their salaries.

This is all about cash flow, or the lack thereof. A business in our situation has to use whatever revenue is coming in in all kinds of ways they wouldn't normally do if they weren't having to rob Peter to pay Paul on a regular basis.

Phil.

Not surprising in the least if you ask me given our current circumstances. I'd be far more concerned if the players hadn't been paid at all and we had to go to the PFA, cap in hand to pay their salaries.

This is all about cash flow, or the lack thereof. A business in our situation has to use whatever revenue is coming in in all kinds of ways they wouldn't normally do if they weren't having to rob Peter to pay Paul on a regular basis.

Phil.

Good point Phil, another of course will be that anyone supplying goods/services to the club will be nervous about being paid and like as not will be wanting to be paid up front, thereby exacerbating cash flow problems even more.

The Mail on Sunday "confirms" (if you can call it that!) that the players were not paid on time for the fourth month in a row!

That's not really a surprise given our current economic plight though

Heard the same thing as well the other night

Haven't the Daily Mail got better things to do? Such as save the planet from Global Warming, End poverty and famine whilst removing every illegal immigrant from Britain and praying for Princess Diana's return?

has been going on for far longer than four months... this isn't all down to the recession / credit crunch.

has been going on for far longer than four months... this isn't all down to the recession / credit crunch.

The credit crunch has been going on for more than four months, too. What it is all about is RM running out of cash because he hasn't been able to get the Stadium Project up and running as soon as he needed to.

Why, what do you think it's all about - or is your post just a rather vague innuendo with no facts to back it up?

The credit crunch has been going on for more than four months, too. What it is all about is RM running out of cash because he hasn't been able to get the Stadium Project up and running as soon as he needed to.

Why, what do you think it's all about - or is your post just a rather vague innuendo with no facts to back it up?

Easy Century,i'm sure you must be on uncle rons christmas card list by now.

Easy Century,i'm sure you must be on uncle rons christmas card list by now.

I just want a debate on the facts, and it does seem that some are very willing to ignore the facts. I refer you to some excellent, unemotive, rational and fact-based posts by (among others) Firestorm, Beefy, and Yorkshire Blue.

PM'd with full facts (as requested) as not prepared to risk info being posted publicly.

Last edited:
The players not being paid is one of the worst kept secrets at RH. Most people who know a player or know somebody who is. They are hardly going to post on here & say that Player X told him that they hadn't been paid or whatever.

An example being that Tilly told a very good friend of mine, who DOESN't lie, a number of interesting things about the club, that I daren't repeat on here, as it would be obvious where it came from!

Some people don't have to play golf to find things out about the club!

What it is down too mate is Ron seriously overspending and getting this club up **** creek without a paddle, Sufc has no paddle, but Ron on the other has a few paddles to save him if the club goes skint...

Remind me, who owns RH and the developing rights for the new ground, couple of paddles worth a few million to uncle ron there!!

Even if we get new buyers in administration Ron will get money for developing the ground, this to me has been his back plan all along, Ron cannot lose a penny only gain lots of pound by SUFC going skint!

How late have players been paid on the previous occasions?

ps MC, can you PM me that as well?

What it is down too mate is Ron seriously overspending and getting this club up **** creek without a paddle, Sufc has no paddle, but Ron on the other has a few paddles to save him if the club goes skint...

Remind me, who owns RH and the developing rights for the new ground, couple of paddles worth a few million to uncle ron there!!

Even if we get new buyers in administration Ron will get money for developing the ground, this to me has been his back plan all along, Ron cannot lose a penny only gain lots of pound by SUFC going skint!

You're fighting a losing battle on here I'm afraid shrimpercj!!

Well he has been criticised for not spending enough on players over the past few years and even this season people were complaining about lack of money being spent.

Yes he has spent a lot of money, but its been on the new stadium which in theory is meant to secure the clubs future in the long term, sadly at the expense of short term stability due to the recession.

Id rather he spent money to improve the club with the new stadium than splash out on players who would be gone in 3 years...

I just want a debate on the facts, and it does seem that some are very willing to ignore the facts. I refer you to some excellent, unemotive, rational and fact-based posts by (among others) Firestorm, Beefy, and Yorkshire Blue.

Seems to me all you want to do is pour scorn on anyone that posts anything remotely anti Ron, I posted in the summer that players were not being paid on time, if you want I can also pm you to back this up as a fact....or you can carry on believing Rons PR machine.

Obviously only rumours but I heard yesterday that Barney is owed 14k, no wonder he wants out...

Back