• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bess30

First XI
Just hoped someone could clear it up up for me can we get players on loan? To be honest I look at our teamand for sure we are light on numbers but I honestly feel that all we need is forte I think with our best 11 as it stands is good enough, I know we will get injuries and suspensions but for the start we are fine really feel we need forte tho for that out ball when things ain't going well pace is priceless!! But can we get him before the3rd????

I take it loan players, don't count in the 20 registered players we are aloud in the current situation?

No one knows anything on this situation because the club/Ron Martin tell us nothing.

How much do we have to pay and who do we pay it to, to get out of this transfer embargo?

Depends, if we do owe money to Crewe and the Football League for the Wembley ticket sales then it could be in the hundreds of thousands. Also been mentioned that we owe players wages and ex-players wages, which can could be another hundred thousand or so. We also need to get the accounts signed off by an auditor and submitted, but as there are no guarantees that make us a 'going concern' that will be tricky.

P.S. Welcome to the board :thumbsup:

Depends, if we do owe money to Crewe and the Football League for the Wembley ticket sales then it could be in the hundreds of thousands. Also been mentioned that we owe players wages and ex-players wages, which can could be another hundred thousand or so. We also need to get the accounts signed off by an auditor and submitted, but as there are no guarantees that make us a 'going concern' that will be tricky.

P.S. Welcome to the board :thumbsup:
Thank you, that doesn't sound good, getting more nervous for the forthcoming season, but we are Southend United fans because we love them and going to stick by them through thick and thin. To be fair the players that played against QPR looked quite good, just got to cross our fingers that something changes with the finances soon, in the next week preferably.

P.S. We are more likely to get information on here than from Ronald McDonald.

I take it loan players, don't count in the 20 registered players we are aloud in the current situation?

As I understand it, loan players are not "exempt" from the "um bungo" (or umbungo, if you like) as the restrictions can only be relaxed once the team has moved below the required minimum number of fit and available players.

I base this on the scenario from about 4 years ago when the club pretended to have an injured goalie that meant that we (Southend) could then bring in another player on loan even though it was for a completely different position on the pitch.

Last edited:
What? "aloud" - priceless. :hilarious: I think you mean "allowed". And I know, it wasn't you, it was the phone that you are unable to use properly. :unsure:

As I understand it, loan players are not "exempt" from the "um bungo" (or umbungo, if you like) as the restrictions can only be relaxed once the team has moved below the required minimum number of fit and available players.

I base this on the scenario from about 4 years ago when the club pretended to have an injured goalie that meant that we (Southend) could then bring in another player on loan even though it was for a completely different position on the pitch.

Not on phone mate, but dyslexic not good with grammar and spelling, obviously spell check did get that one for me.
Thanks for info tho.

I think loan players would count because they'd have to be registered to play for us but their parent club would hold transfer rights. I think.

And then there is also the fact that the club would be very likely to pick up a % of any loanees wages. Surely the idea of the embargo is to stop the club spending even more money that they don't have.

Back