• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players potentially moving on after Christmas

I see some players are moving on in in January does anyone know what month our chairman is moving on

Might be something in that, they were two who had transfer negotiations opened but have yet to be agreed (thank you embargo [Ron]). It's known that Hobson's got a girlfriend and family oop North and he may have had enough of the situation here. We'd get a fee on him.

As I understand, Ralph was looking unlikely to accept the new contract on offer and, again, would command a fee, so also possible.

With Wreh, he's made quite a big step up, and his fitness is still improving so depends if they think that's worth pursuing. Given the state of health of our other forwards, I'd be very reluctant unless they're going to give Oli Coker more of a go.

I wonder about Demi as well....

A good analysis there. Worth noting that whilst we would be due a fee for Ralph it would likely be nominal as he’s out of contract in the summer and it would therefore be a rental of a 30 year old.

ps Did you mean Coker? Kenny Coker was the Coker forward - he went to Norwich - Oli Coker is a midfielder (and obviously Ben the defender).

That's really interesting. You have to wonder if players like Mooney are in this bracket. He definitely has a resale value and is a commodity at this level, but it doesn't seem to have clicked for him here. I'm not saying I want him gone, but just trying to think of players that might be 'unexpected'.

Is Taylor the enforcer type midfielder they hoped they signed? Has Lomas demonstrated he has the tools to step up to this level? I know the latter hasn't played hardly but it's more about what the management team see in training.

Let's see what happens, we just have to trust the process.
It hasnt clicked because he cant get himself fit enough to play games of football.

I’d fully back the judgement of this management team. They see them train each day, I don’t. Don’t care who the player is, if they want them gone, I’m quite happy and I have every confidence in them to find a suitable replacement.
This entirely.

It’s been a long time since I thought this, other than briefly under England coach Chris Powell.

It may well be that certain players’ mentalities are wrong. Not many but one or two. This current staff are so far in credit. As disappointing as today was we’re miles away from where we were this time last year. They’ve transformed this side.

ps l’m fairly certain Mooney is one of the players Maher wants to move on after seeing Altrincham’s reaction to Mooney’s injury. None of their players went up to him to check he was ok. Think that tells a story.

😂 we're talking about replacements/moving on players while we're still under an embargo that doesn't seem to be lifting anytime soon thanks to a certain charlatan

ps l’m fairly certain Mooney is one of the players Maher wants to move on after seeing Altrincham’s reaction to Mooney’s injury. None of their players went up to him to check he was ok. Think that tells a story.
What do you mean?

It’s all well and good moving players on but given our current restrictions in not being able to sign anyone I do wonder what we will do if it happens.

For it is is worth I can see Hobson going as I know he misses his family from up north and he has been with us now for several season. I for one will feel sad if he does go.
I think Clifford will also be on his way out and quite possibly Mooney.

It’s all well and good moving players on but given our current restrictions in not being able to sign anyone I do wonder what we will do if it happens.

For it is is worth I can see Hobson going as I know he misses his family from up north and he has been with us now for several season. I for one will feel sad if he does go.
I think Clifford will also be on his way out and quite possibly Mooney.
Hobson would be a massive loss! The other two I’m not too bothered about.

I'm not sure Clifford will be an easy one to move out. 18 months remaining on his contract and I can't see that many other National League clubs will be queuing up for his signature.
I always thought he was extremely fortunate to be handed a 2 year deal in the summer when his performances had dropped off so alarmingly during the previous 12 months.

He was their teammate for two years and was stretchered off after two of them combined to crunch him and yet no Altrincham player seemed to check on him. Doesn’t suggest he was exactly a beloved teammate.
Same scenario as Murphy last season, playing against his old team mates home to Yeovil.
They went out of their way to target him, & we've suffered ever since.

no one mentioned Cardboard as i call him ,its what hes made off ,plays 2 games out injured another 5 or 6 ,for all his talent ,hes another Murphy / Hyde.
Why do we purchase so many players with ongoing injury issues??

This topic highlights the task of turning around the clubs on field fortunes it was often said last season that a good pre-season fitness regime would solve these injury woes well alas not.
So I'm not surprised that another mini clear out will be needed although I thought it would come at the end of the season tbh however right now I cannot see how anyone can be moved on! Unless they're fit enough to play.
embargoed or not it will be very difficult to keep persuading players and agents to come due to RM he's even managed to mess up kevs options in the loan system .
Christmas wish list clear the embargo,
Sign a new keeper and new contracts for Hobson and Wreh etc
find a another midfield partner for and with similar attributes to Miley .
All the strikers to get well soon ! and Kev &co to be given a decent opportunity to compete without RMs financial mess constantly undermining their efforts.
Merry Christmas

A good analysis there. Worth noting that whilst we would be due a fee for Ralph it would likely be nominal as he’s out of contract in the summer and it would therefore be a rental of a 30 year old.

ps Did you mean Coker? Kenny Coker was the Coker forward - he went to Norwich - Oli Coker is a midfielder (and obviously Ben the defender).
Yes, I did - he's an attacking midfielder, and scores a lot of goals. Shouldn't have included him as a forward though.

Yes, I did - he's an attacking midfielder, and scores a lot of goals. Shouldn't have included him as a forward though.
Was a bit surprised he wasn’t in the bench.

Lots of options for that attacking midfielder slot though with Fonguck, Husin, Mooney, Coker and the out on loan duo of Benton and Wood.

Back