• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players potentially moving on after Christmas

Was a bit surprised he wasn’t in the bench.

Lots of options for that attacking midfielder slot though with Fonguck, Husin, Mooney, Coker and the out on loan duo of Benton and Wood.

Indeed, still not enough goals from that quarter though - remember Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin, Worrall and further back?

Indeed, still not enough goals from that quarter though - remember Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin, Worrall and further back?
I’d say that 2007-08 season with Bailey, McCormack Gower (plus some 4th bloke we never heard from again) the gold standard for goals from midfield but that side was set up to score from midfield as it directed play through the misunderstood Matt Harrold who brought midfielders into play.

This current side is much less set up to score goals from midfield. Miley and Taylor won’t score many themselves as they act as a double pivot allowing others to play and get forward instead. This is a system more reliant on the forwards to score and our wing-backs to create - our forwards have actually scored a fair few but they’ve been shared around Powell 7 Wreh 4, Hyde 3 (should have been 4), Dackers 3.

Would still like to see more goals from Fonguck, Husin and Mooney though but it’s good to see Bridge notch another.

I’d say that 2007-08 season with Bailey, McCormack Gower (plus some 4th bloke we never heard from again) the gold standard for goals from midfield but that side was set up to score from midfield as it directed play through the misunderstood Matt Harrold who brought midfielders into play.
29 goals between those 3 that season, plus 11 between Adam Barrett and Peter Clarke. Been years since we’ve had a centre-back who looks a real threat at set pieces like either of them.

29 goals between those 3 that season, plus 11 between Adam Barrett and Peter Clarke. Been years since we’ve had a centre-back who looks a real threat at set pieces like either of them.
They’ve been a few since then. I shook hands with one yesterday! Mark Phillips scored 7 in 2011/12. Also Bilel, Cresswell etc. A lot depends on the quality of delivery. They had Ryan Hall whipping balls in.

Rumour is thar kemsdale is going to Ipswich
I doubt this, but what a move for him if true. Plus we might get a couple of quid towards the wage bill. Plus we’ve got Louis Lomas, Nathan Ralph and Harry Taylor, who could possibly take his place. Plus I would back John Still to dig out another suitable replacement from the league below.

Last edited:
I doubt this, but what a move for him if true. Plus we might get a couple of quid towards the wage bill. Plus we’ve got Louis Lomas, Nathan Ralph and Harry Taylor, who could possibly take his place. Plus I would back John Still to dig out another suitable replacement from the league below.

Kensdale has been watched by Ipswich. Whether they make a bid remains to be seen, but he has definitely been attracting admiring glances from the EFL, along with Hobson & Lopata too.

All three of our centre halves have been attracting interest from the EFL, as have a few others too.

Is Hobson out of contract at the end of the season? If so, and if there's anyone who'll pay a fee for him that's probably business worth doing.

Back