• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shaneyshrimper

First XI
Some may agree with me about last saturdays game against Northampton. But did anyone see the reaction of the players after the game. Finally a draw wasnt good enough for us and they knew it.

Proud to see them hurt in that way as that game meant something and we should have won.

Went home with pride in my heart and admiration for my team

Or the fact we had thrown away a two goal lead. I doubt they would have reacted in the same way I it finished 0-0!

Agree it was a good performance against what I thought was a good side. However, I think that Moshni's petulance (ie sprinting off the pitch and straight down the tunnel) after the final whistle was disrespectful to the rest of the Team - and to the supporters!!

Moshni - I love you to bits, but for goodness sake when will you start acting like an adult?? A ridiculous booking for a ridiculous act imho

Moshni - I love you to bits, but for goodness sake when will you start acting like an adult?? A ridiculous booking for a ridiculous act imho
It was almost like something in his head clicked, thinking "sh!t, I've only got 5 minutes left and I haven't been booked yet!"

He was booked for kicking the corner flag. It happened after he was blatantly pushed when chasing down a long ball. Spoke to a work colleague who also is a ref at conference level and he said letter of the law we should have had a pen, just like the first half push on moshni as well.

Apparently he was told to get straight off the pitch at full time so I'm told.

Yes this is obviously something Sturrock has instructed Mohsni to do for now, in the past he would often be the last down the tunnel. It's not the first game recently I've noticed him do it, and it was clear that with decisions going against him he was more than a bit frustrated so it was IMHO a sensible move. To be fair to Billy he did acknowledge the East Stand during his rather swift exit.

He was booked for kicking the corner flag. It happened after he was blatantly pushed when chasing down a long ball. Spoke to a work colleague who also is a ref at conference level and he said letter of the law we should have had a pen, just like the first half push on moshni as well.

I watch the game with a qualified ref and often speak to another at half-time, neither at Conference level but both ref at a good standard and having a chat to them is quite illuminating at times and it never fails to strike me that there seems to be a vast difference between how they referee games to how those at League level do.
As you say the one I was next to on Saturday instantly said free kick/penalty when Moshni was pushed off the ball also said that the player who was eventually sent off would probably have got a straight red from him for the first offence .........
Also interested on his take on the Moshni offside goal; he reasoned that although he was in no position to judge the off side due to his angle the fact that the defender with Moshni made an all out effort to go with him indicated that the defender certainly felt he was onside. We all know that you should play to the whistle but he commented that although people say they do they very rarely actually do, interesting psychology that, I thought, bit like Dr House always insisting that his patients always lie about something, I suppose.

shrimperjon said:
He was booked for kicking the corner flag into Victoria Avenue. It happened after he was blatantly pushed when chasing down a long ball. Spoke to a work colleague who also is a ref at conference level and he said letter of the law we should have had a pen, just like the first half push on moshni as well.
Edited for accuracy:hilarious:

Back