• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
It's always a very interesting time of year with players being let go. I've made it my duty to keep us up to date with some of the more interesting now free agents.
wink.gif

Orient:

They've released Tom Youngs, Mark Peters and Lee Harrison. I'm quite surprised the've let Harrison go, he played really well at the Hall the other week.

Cheltenham:

Probably the most interesting free agent so far is Martin Devaney. He's leaving Cheltenham at the end of his deal and in my eyes should certainly be a player we should look at.

Rochdale:

Included in their released list is Leo Bertos, who's always struck me as a player with a heck of a lot of ability. Perhaps his brain isn't always in gear though? Greg Heald, Kevin Townson and Wayne Evans are also players of note that they've let go.

Kidderminster:

They've released 10 players whilst transfer listing Captain Wayne Hatswell. Among their released list is Blair Sturrock, John McGrath, Tom Bennett, Abdou Sall, Lee Jenkins and Gary Birch.

Rushden:

They've let Alex Hay, Craig Dove, Lee Worgan and Adrian Littlejohn amongst others, go.

John McGrath, now ex-Kidderminster, was on trail with us at the same time as Jay Smith is memory serves me right?! I thought he was the better of the two over at Heybridge in that pre-season match, how wrong I was.

Oh, and Micky Bell of Bristol City has been released whilst Tommy Dotcherty (Think thats how you spell it) has been placed on the transfer list. TD looked like a good player when I saw him on Sky Sports in the playoffs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 10 2005,19:31)]John McGrath, now ex-Kidderminster, was on trail with us at the same time as Jay Smith is memory serves me right?! I thought he was the better of the two over at Heybridge in that pre-season match, how wrong I was.
Indeed he was. I was impressed with him as well.

Bugger, I've just seen that Swansea will be talking to Martin Devaney this week. Tilly get on the phone!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 10 2005,20:05)]Bugger, I've just seen that Swansea will be talking to Martin Devaney this week. Tilly get on the phone!
Can pretty much guarantee he's going there ...

Bristol City are rumoured to be talking to the agent of boyhood City fan Marcus Stewart who's now a free-agent after leaving Sunderland.

Source : BBC Sport

Chester have today released 9 players including Andy Harris, long serving keeper Wayne Brown, Richard Hope, Darren Edmondson and captain Paul Carden.

Coventry have Tim Sherwood among their released players.

Reading have told Martin Keown and Les Ferdinand that their futures lie away from Reading.

Anyone else see Ferdinand as our big bloke that knows where the net is?

Shrewsbury have released a few good players in kevin street and sam aiston. Always looked like good players on championship manager

Darlington have today released a load of players including a former trialist keeper of ours, Michael Price, Bobby Petta, Adolfo Gregorio, Curtis Fleming, Ian Clark and Craig Russell.

Oxford have released Paul Wanless and Danny Brown, who I believe could possibly be on the way to Dagenham to join up with former manager John Still. Oxford will be making decisions on the rest of their squad over the next few days, including a certain Tommy Mooney.

Interesting to see Darlo released Petta, Gregorio and Fleming, and will apparently be selling Alun Armstrong.
I take from that, that in order for the big earners to stay they needed to win promotion.

Darlington are now denying that Gregorio has been released and that the media have got it wrong.
rock.gif

Contract talks between Jason Crowe and Grimsby have today broken down. He could be a player for us to look at actually.
rock.gif

Spurs have released a few young players, which I was prompted to look at thanks to Kev's rumour. Their released players are Paul O'Donoghue (centre back who spent time on loan at Hornchurch and Heybridge this season), Michael Malcolm (forward), Owen Price (forward) and Nicky Eyre (goalkeeper who had a short loan spell at Grays earlier this season).

Barnsley have released Michael Boulding. Another potential target of ours to look at possibly?

Spurs have also released Rohan Ricketts. Didn't Kev say we were looking at a winger from Spurs?

I doubt its him though, Ricketts is easily Championship material.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 17 2005,12:21)]Spurs have also released Rohan Ricketts. Didn't Kev say we were looking at a winger from Spurs?

I doubt its him though, Ricketts is easily Championship material.
Indeed, but I didn't mention him for that very reason.

Carlos Edwards, the red haired cheating little winger we came up against in Cardiff has today joined Luton. Can't see how he'll be able to cut it in the Championship myself.
rock.gif

Norwich have released Marc Edworthy (weren't we linked with him when Wignall was looking at all and sundry?), Danny Crow, a striker who had a loan spell with Northampton recently and Graham Stuart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 17 2005,19:10)]Norwich have released Graham Stuart.
Blimey... he must be close to drawing his pension soon...?!

rock.gif
oops.gif

Matt

P.S. Thought Edwards was pretty good, meself... and how exactly was he a cheat?

Well I came to that conclusion when at 1-0 up he decided to be struck down by a sniper when Maher tackled him, in the process rolling over 4 or 5 times to waste time and to try and get Maher sent off. He didn't really help himself either when after diving to get a free kick right in front of us, he got up and laughed in our fans direction.

He wasn't a bad player, just certainly not someone who will stand out in The Championship I feel. hH hardly caused anywhere near as much trouble to us as Martin Bullock did he?

Mansfield have released Maltese International, Luke Dimech, as well as Alex Neil (who seems a decent player), Colin Larkin and recent cancer sufferer Scott McNiven.

Something which has nothing to do with released players but whilst Mansfield are on topic, Carlton Palmer will be a registered player with them next season. He says he sees himself playing "just inside the back four". The man's an idiot.
laugh.gif

Back