• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players the fans would like for next year

I know all depends on who we can offload and what funds Ron makes available but in a world where we had a sensible amount of funds who would you like Tilly to be looking at for next year.
I'll kick it off with a bit of dreaming:
Dervite and Sawyer on year long loans - possible but unlikely.
Leon Cort - Clarke is going!! And Cort not getting a look in at Stoke and getting older. Would be good alongside Dervite or another young centre half recruit.
Karl Hawley - proven scorer in the lower divisions not getting a game at Preston. Think this might have been the player Tilly had a go at before, but things could change. I love Barney but his fitness will always be a problem. We need a scorer. Don't know if he's injured or just not getting a game at Championship level.

Scannell and Walker must operate as wide men next year to try to improve our creativity.

Lets have more suggestions?

Chris Birchall wants out from Brighton who look like they will be going down. Had a move to LA Galaxy blocked. Adam Virgo is also a good player from Brighton. Mcnamee from Swindon and also HRK could be on his way despite signing a new contract, possibly on loan

Dervite on a season loan would be amazing but he is highly rated at Spurs and could be in the first team next season and even if he does go on loan it would be to a championship club. I thought Sawyer's contract ran out in the summer or am i mistaken? I believe that Clarke will stay now he has his family to think about but we need a centre-back as a back-up if Francis leaves. A consistent striker who stays fit would be a dream (maybe Robinson but many Watford fans want him in their first team next season.

Dervite on a season loan would be amazing but he is highly rated at Spurs and could be in the first team next season and even if he does go on loan it would be to a championship club. I thought Sawyer's contract ran out in the summer or am i mistaken? I believe that Clarke will stay now he has his family to think about but we need a centre-back as a back-up if Francis leaves. A consistent striker who stays fit would be a dream (maybe Robinson but many Watford fans want him in their first team next season.
Dervite will probably end up at a Championship side on loan or pushing for a first team place at Spurs next year, he is very highly rated there.
Sawyers contract does run out and seems to be awful everywhere else he goes so wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come here. I think Clarke will leave to go to Norwich if they stay up, it's not a big move for his family and is at a higher level and they have wanted him for ages otherwise I'm sure other clubs have been sniffing around. Can't see Francis going after regaining his first team place and signing a new contract this season. Would also love to see Theo here and think he is in our price range but Watford might not let him go so we need a few options there but we need to sell a striker before buying another

Proven at League 1 level... Lewis Guy from Doncaster and Joel Porter from Hartlepool would be two good additions and wouldn't break the bank

Watching the Leicester game earlier on today, Dyer on the left wing for Leicester would be a brilliant signing. Bundles and bundles of pace, and puts in a decent ball. Plus, he adds goals as well. Probably not a realistic signing what with Leicester going up but if they decide to bring in a new left winger, I'd like us to be at the front of the que to bring him in.

Dervite on loan for the whole season would be amazing but i can see him featuring in the Tottenham first team next season. I have a feeling we'll get Robinson for a small fee and i wouldn't mind us boosting our numbers, prefferably 2 more defenders and a midfielder, especially when you think that Clarke, Lokando and Walker could be leaving us. I would like to see more of Johnny Herd next year as well, he looks very promising.

Torres
Rooney
Terry
Bentley
Young

Sorry I'd just though I'd add to the totally unrealistic names being banded about .

Proven at League 1 level... Lewis Guy from Doncaster and Joel Porter from Hartlepool would be two good additions and wouldn't break the bank

I can solve one of those. Joel Porter will be coming back to Australia and playing for one of the new clubs either Gold Coast or North Queensland, I think it's Gold Coast.

Sawyer
HRK
Harding (if possible)
Theo
Dorian on loan (if possible, pushing it a bit though).

Plus 2 creative wingers with pace, and another striker (assuming a couple/few leave).

David Noble
Dean Cox
Lee Sawyer
A Centre Back

We have 2 chances of getting Dervite on loan next season. Slim, and **** All.

I want Peter Clarke to stay as well as Dervitte.

But will it happen, who knows. Never say never until official information from the club is revealed about them two.

Torres
Rooney
Terry
Bentley
Young

Sorry I'd just though I'd add to the totally unrealistic names being banded about .

I presume you ment.....

Javier Torres Gomez (Valladolid )
Adam Rooney (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)
Paul Terry (Orient)
Mark Bentley (Gills)
Adam Young (Bishop's St.)

I think we could probably get 3 or 4 of this lot :tumbleweed:

Apart from the one's mentioned i would like us to go for Billy Clark from Ipswich(currently on loan at brentford).
His been told he can leave the tractor boys at the end of season .
A very good young player.

I presume you ment.....

Javier Torres Gomez (Valladolid )
Adam Rooney (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)
Paul Terry (Orient)
Mark Bentley (Gills)
Adam Young (Bishop's St.)

I think we could probably get 3 or 4 of this lot :tumbleweed:

Don't be silly! He meant Lewis Young of Watford ;)

Lewis Guy
Jack Lester
Lee Sawyer
Theo Robinson
Dorian Dervite (no chance really)
Freddy Eastwood

Back