• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcnum1

First XI
So far I believe we have 10 players under contract of which 5 of them were regulars in our starting eleven Bentley Coker Bolger Leonard and Worrall, the other 5 are Payne Smith Weston Hurst and Prosser the others 5 White Thompson Timlin Atkinson and Deegan have had contracts offered, but as usual no news or updates on these other than Corr leaving are any others going to be off? I thought they'd all stay.
I know its early days, and we are always leaving things late, but after such a good end to the season I do worry we will be heading into pre season light on the ground with a strong starting eleven let alone a strong squad especially as a lot of clubs are doing business already.
We need to find a few good players i think we need at least 2 strikers, 1 winger, 1 creative centre midfielder, 1 centre back all for the first 11.
Onwards and upwards #UTB
What do we think???

Need more than 2 strikers IMO, need at least 3 and Williams at the bare minimum. Couple of wingers a centre half and wingback cover for me...

Need more than 2 strikers IMO, need at least 3 and Williams at the bare minimum. Couple of wingers a centre half and wingback cover for me...

4 strikers, a winger, central defender and cover/competition at full back!

Elliot Lee
Joe Piggot
Cureton
Dagnall

Just a few names...

How many of these players are fairly essential?

Would say Bentley, Coker, Bolger, Leonard, Timlin, Worrall. So of my six essentials, five are in contract plus we have Hurst who we know was/can be class plus Payne who is getting better and better. More than happy.

I hope Timlin ain't the next to go, I reckon there could be a few clubs after him

Im sure Phil has it under control, he was even driving to Burton to convince Barrett to stay for another year, TRUST IN PHIL, he has his connections!!

Timlin is a must the rest I'm not bothered though White has been a good captain. Don't think Atkinson or Deganwy are league one quality.

I think Brown will be working hard with Bob Shaw and others to bring in reinforcements. Still very early yet

I think Brown will be working hard with Bob Shaw and others to bring in reinforcements. Still very early yet
Exactly !!just let brown etc get on with it it's really too early to start panicking Christ it's beginning of June

I just hope we don't have a mass exodus. It can take a while for players to really build a bond with the supporters, and players like corr, Timlin, Bentley, Barrett and Leonard have done their time to get there. Let's hope it stops at BBBC

Timlin is the most important one not signed back up yet. I know a lot don't really appreciate him, but I also think White is important.

Timlin is a must the rest I'm not bothered though White has been a good captain. Don't think Atkinson or Deganwy are league one quality.

Hasn't Atkinson already played at a higher level than that for Brown?

I just hope we don't have a mass exodus. It can take a while for players to really build a bond with the supporters, and players like corr, Timlin, Bentley, Barrett and Leonard have done their time to get there. Let's hope it stops at BBBC

Lenny and Will shared a house with Corr didn't they? Hopefully he's not put them off!

Clean sheets Brown and his fantastic connections brought us the free scoring Barnard, Coulthirst and Weston , advising their FIREPOWER would push us on to a different level in setting up the squad to attack last season, just saying!

So far I believe we have 10 players under contract of which 5 of them were regulars in our starting eleven Bentley Coker Bolger Leonard and Worrall, the other 5 are Payne Smith Weston Hurst and Prosser the others 5 White Thompson Timlin Atkinson and Deegan have had contracts offered, but as usual no news or updates on these other than Corr leaving are any others going to be off? I thought they'd all stay.
I know its early days, and we are always leaving things late, but after such a good end to the season I do worry we will be heading into pre season light on the ground with a strong starting eleven let alone a strong squad especially as a lot of clubs are doing business already.
We need to find a few good players i think we need at least 2 strikers, 1 winger, 1 creative centre midfielder, 1 centre back all for the first 11.
Onwards and upwards #UTB
What do we think???

Agree with above:
Bentley Coker Bolger Leonard and Worrall must retain and extend contracts
Payne Smith Weston (keep) Hurst (not bothered) and Prosser (already sorted)
White Thompson Timlin (absolute must keep) Atkinson and Deegan contracts on offer
Barrett also a must
just need a couple of strikers and almost there
sinple as that !!!!! But this is football !!!!

Clean sheets Brown and his fantastic connections brought us the free scoring Barnard, Coulthirst and Weston , advising their FIREPOWER would push us on to a different level in setting up the squad to attack last season, just saying!

Dont forget the prolific Cassidy,Phil knows a forward when he sees them:hilarious:

A few weeks after Pigott and Cassidy joined, Paul Clark was on the radio saying that he'd spoken to a lot of scouts, and they all reckoned that Cassidy would turn out to be the better player in the long run....

Back