• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players who always gave 100%

I agree with all the previous posts , but I’m still of the view that ‘every’ player should give 100% in ‘every’ match - it’s the very least that should be expected.
Sure , some are more skilful , some have more charisma and character, so one mans 100% won’t have the same effect as another’s , but nevertheless to give ‘all you have’ is the very minimum we should get as fans.
I think some times the lines are blurred with players like Timlin judged against Wordsworth- I was neither pro nor anti Timlin , but the fact that he threw himself into tackles more than Wordsworth somehow elevated him in peoples eyes as fans often recognise easily indentifiable effort.
Anyway I’m digressing , but I want 100% from all in every match.

Dave Cusack never gave 100 % always 200 %

To have him in the heart of defence nowadays.....

Also Efe Sodje had the charisma and the ability

Keith Dublin and Peter Butler are two that spring to mind for me

Barry Corr was the epitome of this. Have 100% every game, often when carrying injuries and as in a lone target man role that did not suit his game. He really cared about the club too.

Obviously AB (goes without saying really) and for me another one who always gave everything every game was Alex Revell.

Barry Corr was the epitome of this. Have 100% every game, often when carrying injuries and as in a lone target man role that did not suit his game. He really cared about the club too.

Obviously AB (goes without saying really) and for me another one who always gave everything every game was Alex Revell.

Pity two of the three players you mention weren't that good.I'll leave you (and others) to work out which two. :Winking:

Last edited:
Any of the 1980/81 Div 4 winning team

also; Paul Sansome, Paul Clark, Kevin Maher, Spencer Prior, Keith Jones, Peter Clarke, John White, Freddy (1 st spell)

What is 100% ?....A lot of people think its a Timlin tackle but what about players who show real care in their passing or even a corner. The better players are checking over their shoulder and at least giving it some thought.

Our set pieces, including throws, this season would get no more than 20% for effort or thought.

I always felt Che Wilson fell into this mould, limited in ability, played out of position, but always gave 100%, and seldom made any mistakes, making the wrong position his own.

Has to be Peter Butler for me. Inspired me to read what he's been up to recently on Wikipedia, certainly makes interesting reading.

I always felt Che Wilson fell into this mould, limited in ability, played out of position, but always gave 100%, and seldom made any mistakes, making the wrong position his own.

Agreed, we were discussing this in the pub after the last game funnily enough. The epitomy of a player doing a job for the team, sometimes to his own detriment.

I wonder how many of the current squad we will look back on in a few years and be able to say that they fell in to this category? Hopper for sure(from what I've seen so far) then Demi perhaps, but then I am struggling - thoughts?

Back