• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Roy McDonough 7
Kevin Maher 5
Bilel Mohsni 3
Mark Rawle 3
Nathan Jones 3
Leo Roget 3
Alan McCormack 3
Adam Barrett 3
Franck Moussa 2
Dave Cusack 2
Mark Gower 2
Dave McSweeney 2
Sean Clohessy 2
Paul Sansome 2
Darryl Flahavan 2
Mark Beard 2
Jean-Francois Christophe 2
Donkey Broughton 2

Any more?

I think the likes of Dave Martin, Paul Clark and Paul Roberts will probably feature, but can't find any stats that far back.

nb Anthony Grant only got sent off once.

Last edited:
I must admit, I thought Barry had been sent off for us before Saturday's one?

I thought one of the big things about Paul Clark was that he had never even got booked during his career? Or maybe he did just the once when he had the extra responsibilities as player-manager?

Are you confusing him with Gary Lineker?

Clarky's tackling was very much in the vein of Spicer's effort last night.

Are you confusing him with Gary Lineker?

Clarky's tackling was very much in the vein of Spicer's effort last night.

No it wasn't.

Spicer's tackle was cowardly.

Paul Clark would hit them hard - remember the tackle on Steve Bull in THAT Wolves game - but he would not want to break a leg unless there was previous. There was no previous between Spicer and Paterson.

M

Blimey - Kev Maher's halo has slipped a bit there...

Glad to see that Big Roy holds the record though ! !

Doesn't Anthony Grant hold the record for most own-goals though?

i thought Peter Clarke would have been sent off more... or perhaps that was just because he gave away so many penalties!

No it wasn't.

Spicer's tackle was cowardly.

Paul Clark would hit them hard - remember the tackle on Steve Bull in THAT Wolves game - but he would not want to break a leg unless there was previous. There was no previous between Spicer and Paterson.

M

Eh? Spicer went for the ball and got the ball. Paterson, who falls over in the slightest breeze anyway, was able to walk away after a bit of rolling on the floor and continue "playing". Whilst it may have been reckless and was certainly committed (like Clarky), it wasn't malicious.

Three, ha-ha! Roy got SEVEN red cards in five years at Blues!

Cheers, I'd forgotten he had two spells here. Someone should write his biography....

Eh? Spicer went for the ball and got the ball. Paterson, who falls over in the slightest breeze anyway, was able to walk away after a bit of rolling on the floor and continue "playing". Whilst it may have been reckless and was certainly committed (like Clarky), it wasn't malicious.

It was two footed and he was clearly going for the man.Granted Timlin set him up with a hospital ball in the first place but that's no excuse.

Park Clark was certainly hard but I don't think I ever saw him make a two footed tackle on anyone.The fact that he was never red carded for us(or Brighton,IIRC)would indicate he knew how to tackle.Spicer doesn't.

Last edited:
The really impressive thing about Roy's record is that was almost impossible to get sent off at the time he was playing. You had to be really, really stupid. Horror tackles like Spicers generally went unpunished, it was only fighting that saw you walk. It would explain why Clarkey never got a card, Roberts isn't on this list and neither is Scully.

Quickest send off I can recall... Roy (who else) at Burnley circa 1989, about 5 mins and we still drew 0-0

Add Dave Cussack to the list:

Bolton away, League Cup, 79/80 Won 2-1 (first ever away win on a top division ground!)
Burnley away, Div 3, 81/81 Won 5-3 (Bunley's only defeat in the second half of the season!)

So it seemed to inspire the team each time!

Did Paul Sansome get two reds? Grimsby away, Middlesborough home?

Back