• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good topic and Dailly is a great example.

Adam Wallace
Paul Read
Craig Reid
Jake Cassidy
Nathaniel Jarvis
Eric Odhiambo
Tom McDonald
Robert Codner
Mark Patterson
Ron Henry
Danny Maye
Brett Darby
Scott Vernon
Scott Spencer
Andy Petterson

Some names that you'd have completely forgotten until mentioned and a couple so obscure you probably had to google.

To be fair, a lot of those wouldn't have been well enough known to have been "forgotten" if you know what I mean... but Codner is a good example.

Anyone signed under the Alvin Martin / Alan Little era? mainly becos we were so bad but how about

Miquel de Souza
Gordon Connolley
Alex Burns

and Big Nev Southall

The first three probably not well known enough and Nev I think most people would remember.

I've thought of another couple of possible contenders... Mark Tinkler and Billy Kellock.

Kellock was my hero of my very first game see signature!

Whilst pondering I recall seeing Junior Stanislas score for Bournemouth the other day he was loaned to us for about 2-3 months once wasn't he!

I'm thinking of somebody but can't remember his name (so perfectly apt if only from my point of view). Great big strapping guy. Think he was Hungarian, maybe. During the Tilly era. Might have have been a centre back.

Edit: found him. Zoltán Lipták. Don't think he actually appeared for us though, so may not count. But he was our player.

Ryan Clarke, keeper signed on loan from Bristol Rovers, his only appearance was in Freddy's unforgettable debut v Swansea. We had a "keeper crisis" that saw Terry Alderton sign non contract terms as emergency cover and former Billericay keeper Nicky Morgan was named on the bench for the match.

Back