• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes Bennett was vs Yeovil...as Michael Ngoo was showing us where he had got to in his initially promising but dwindling career

Didn't Frank Lampard Snr injure himself in the warmup of what would have been his debut?

Didn't Frank Lampard Snr injure himself in the warmup of what would have been his debut?
Nope he played quite a few games for us and if I remember correctly was a really poor excuse of a professional on his way down the leagues compared to the professionalism of MAF and Turner to name but two.

I'm not sure you can even class Tony Currie's life in a blue shirt as a warm-up. It was more of a stretch followed by, Tat ta thanks for having me.

There was a rumour going around at the time that the whole thing was staged and he was never ever going to play. Surely not...

Daryl Sutch ex Norwich, I certainly don't remember him, but there's an article about him in the Goals pull out which mentions he came to Southend after 13 years at Norwich to link up with Rob Newman. I thought, did he play much? And lo and behold in 2003 he played 16 games and scored 1 goal.
I must have been on it in that year or something? :winking:

Daryl Sutch ex Norwich, I certainly don't remember him, but there's an article about him in the Goals pull out which mentions he came to Southend after 13 years at Norwich to link up with Rob Newman. I thought, did he play much? And lo and behold in 2003 he played 16 games and scored 1 goal.
I must have been on it in that year or something? :winking:

You should have been on here at the time. Some Hong Kong kid with the user name XXXXL16 was all over Daryl Sutch. It was very bizarre.

Found it www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?835-Daryl-Sutch&highlight=Daryl+sutch

Last edited:
Wow that is bordering on creepy. Great link by the way. Strange I don't remember him though. Sounds like he was a footballing God. :Worthy:

Back