• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players

Menacy_Moleman

Does anyone else think that it is strange how players during last season were saying how much they were enjoying playing at Southend and for Steve Tilson and how next season we will be good enough to be challenging for promotion for them to just bugger off?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Menacy_Moleman @ May 26 2004,12:17)]Does anyone else think that it is strange how players during last season were saying how much they were enjoying playing at Southend and for Steve Tilson and how next season we will be good enough to be challenging for promotion for them to just bugger off?
Yea, but they didn't know how scroungy with money Shrimpers can be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 26 2004,12:29)]No.
Agreed. After all, it's not as if they would say "I hate it at Southend, can't wait to leave..." - that's hardly the best way to go about getting themselves picked for the side, which in turn is the best way of having themselves placed "in the shop window", so to speak...

rock.gif

Gotta say Matt you are very opinionated (which is not a bad thing) with regards to Players leaving.....

We are not going to see the Very same "Matt the Shrimp" on the Colchester fans forum saying that he is gald to be a ewe and that it was an offer he could not refuse....lol
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 26 2004,14:39)]We are not going to see the Very same "Matt the Shrimp" on the Colchester fans forum saying that he is gald to be a ewe and that it was an offer he could not refuse....lol
laugh.gif
Hang your head in shame, sir. I don't think I've ever been more insulted in all my days.

mad.gif

Seriously.

mad.gif
mad.gif

Matt

P.S. There are some things you can't joke about in life. Suggesting a Shrimper might become a farmhand is one such thing.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 26 2004,14:44)]Me thinks me's touched a nerve.

lol
No, you've overstepped the boundary from "humour" to "insult".

Does anyone else think I'm overreacting?

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 26 2004,14:42)]P.S. There are some things you can't joke about in life.  Suggesting a Shrimper might become a farmhand is one such thing.

mad.gif
Matt seeing you live in Greenwich what about being a Valiant supporter.....
biggrin.gif

You tell who ya real friends are in times like this....And they were not exactly lining up to support you........

Never mind ya new friends will look after you...especially if ya a fresh face young farm hand..lol.

hope this was taken in the spirit that it was ment ?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2004,14:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 26 2004,14:42)]P.S. There are some things you can't joke about in life.  Suggesting a Shrimper might become a farmhand is one such thing.

mad.gif
Matt seeing you live in Greenwich what about being a Valiant supporter.....
biggrin.gif
Greenwich (or at least my part of it, on the Lewisham border) is, oddly enough, a Millwall area. Don't know why people go for Millwall in preference to Charlton, since we're about equidistant from the Valley and the Den, but there you go.

But you see, that isn't an insult - it's a joke to suggest I might support either of my local sides.

It is, however, an insult to suggest that I would want to be a Farmer. That's a disgrace.

Birri - no duels, I'm not into violence. But if nnat 76 was a man of honour, a true Shrimper, he'd apologise for his grave error of judgement.

sad.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 26 2004,15:27)]I was always told that to apologise was a sign of weakness.
laugh.gif
No, 'tis a sign of strength. If you can admit when you've been in the wrong, then you can recognise your faults; and one can only become strong if one knows one's weaknesses...

unclesam.gif

Think about this, lads.

nnatt76 comes on here and provokes a reaction from one of our most lucid, verbose members.

Why?

Well, I argue it is to gauge a detailed, explicit reaction.

And why is that?

I offer you this as an explanation:

It is, infact, nnatt76 who considers moving to our north Essex rivals as a supporter... and he wished to test the waters as to the degree of his possible sin... and how he will be viewed in future by his ex-fellow supporters.

nnatt76... you are hereby accused of being a Ewe.

What say the jury?

rock.gif

Back