• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperChris

First XI
So, the NBA playoffs get started this weekend. What are peoples thoughts? I personally can't wait and, although slightly biased, I think the tie to watch in the first round is New York vs Boston. Definately think that matchup has the best chance of a top 4 team going out in round 1, but the Knicks will have to play very well, probabl over all 7 games, to knock out the Celtics. The one to watch IMO in the West is Oklahoma - Denver. The Nuggets have been surpisingly good (arguably better) since trading 'Melo to the Knicks, aquiring Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton to compliment the likes of Nene and Lawson, while Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook with the addition of Kendrick Perkins makes the Thunder one to watch for a surpise run at the title outside of the likes of Miami, LA, San Antonio.

My predictions:

East

Chicago - Indiana
Bulls to win 4-1

Miami - Philadelphia
Heat to win 4-2

Boston - New York
Heart says Knicks 4-3, head says Celtics 4-2 :thumbdown:

Orlando - Atlanta
Magic to win 4-2

West

San Antonio - Memphis
Spurs to win 4-1

LA Lakers - New Orleans
Lakers to win 4-2

Dallas - Portland
Mavericks to win 4-2

Oklahoma City - Denver
Thunder to win 4-3

Boston have got to be the only side to use the trade window to weaken their side. They've been intermittent at best, woefully short at worst since then and I think they've blown it. I do, however, think they'll get past the Knicks.

Anyway, here's my bracket:

East

Chicago v Indiana
Miami v Philly
Boston v NY
Orlando v Atlanta

Chicago v Orlando
Boston v Miami

Chicago v Miami

West

San An v Memphis
LA v New Orleans
Dallas v Portland
Oklahoma v Denver

San An v Denver
LA v Dallas

San An v LA

Setting up a Chi Town v San An finals, that I can Bulls pipping 4-2. I'd love to see the Bulls win in Boston's absence.

Wow. With about 3:30 left in the 4th quarter of game 1 of Chicago - Indiana, the Pacers led by 10 until Derrick Rose took over. He must have scored about 6 points and got a huge assist on a go ahead 3. Final score Chicago 104 Indiana 99, Chicago leads 1-0 in the series. Great start to the playoffs!

Wow. With about 3:30 left in the 4th quarter of game 1 of Chicago - Indiana, the Pacers led by 10 until Derrick Rose took over. He must have scored about 6 points and got a huge assist on a go ahead 3. Final score Chicago 104 Indiana 99, Chicago leads 1-0 in the series. Great start to the playoffs!

I've been preaching about Derrick Rose for the past three years. He's the only PG I'd pay to see at the moment aside from Rondo.

Good to see a couple of upsets last night with Memphis winning at San An and Nawlins winning at LA. Since the 76ers won the Championship in 1983, there have only been seven different champions - no different to the top flight of English football. Time for some new names on the trophy.

Good to see a couple of upsets last night with Memphis winning at San An and Nawlins winning at LA. Since the 76ers won the Championship in 1983, there have only been seven different champions - no different to the top flight of English football. Time for some new names on the trophy.

Totally agree, it definately brought a smile to my face when I saw those two results. LA and SA will probably have enough to win those series' but its nice to see them squirm.

As for my Knicks, absolutely gutted. Ray Allen is one of my favourite players, but right know I hate him lol!! However, keeping the Celtics to 86-ish points is a good defensive effort, so if NY can keep that up, with a little more luck, 'Melo being more productive and Amar'e keeping up his awesome start then this series could yet go the Knicks way.

Derrick Rose again :Worthy:

23 points and a clutch bucket to clinch a commanding lead in the series.

Recorded Heat @ Sixers overnight and just watched it. Great start by the Sixers, but you could almsot see the belief drain from them as the game wore on. LeBron was good without being excellent and pretty easy in the end for the Heat, as I suppose it should be when a 2 seed plays a 7.

Celtics @ Knickerbockers is on at a reasonable hour tonight (starts midnight) so I'll definitely watch at least the first half of that. NY will win this game.

Recorded Heat @ Sixers overnight and just watched it. Great start by the Sixers, but you could almsot see the belief drain from them as the game wore on. LeBron was goodmwithout being excellent and pretty easy in the end for the Heat, as I suppose it should be when a 2 seed plays a 7.

Celtics @ Knickerbockers is on at a reasonable hour tonight (starts midnight) so I'll definitely watch at least the first half of that. NY will win this game.

I truely hope so mate. In the Knicks-Celtics series it could so easily be 2-0 Knicks but for a non-performance from 'Melo in game 1 and Amar'e getting injured in game 2. At MSG I think the Knicks could get both of these, especially if Amar'e is back, as the Celtics haven't been great so far this series and have been saved by clutch plays. Hoping to stay up to watch this too now I have a few days off work.

So the Tics survived a late NYK fightback to take the series 4-0.

As a Tics fan, nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing the Lakers struggle. The series is now tied 2-2 and they've won less than half of their games this calendar year I think.

A bit disappointed to see the Knicks get swept in the first round. After the start they made I was hopeful of winning at least once in this series, but credit to Boston who in the last two games were superb. Rondo got everything his own way and that was the difference. He managed to make plays with ease either getting good shots or drives and getting the ball to Pierce and Allen, who shot the ball exceptionally well. New York meanwhile clearly missed a natural creative point guard with Billups out. Toney Douglas is a good young player but is not capable of being a starting point guard at this point. Lots of potential in New York with Amar'e and 'Melo to build around in the coming seasons and this experience will only spur them on to get better.

It is quite satisfying to see the Lakers struggle. You'd think they would have enough to get by, but would make for an interesting post season if they did go out at this early stage especially with OKC playing well and looking like sweeping Denver.

A bit disappointed to see the Knicks get swept in the first round. After the start they made I was hopeful of winning at least once in this series, but credit to Boston who in the last two games were superb. Rondo got everything his own way and that was the difference. He managed to make plays with ease either getting good shots or drives and getting the ball to Pierce and Allen, who shot the ball exceptionally well. New York meanwhile clearly missed a natural creative point guard with Billups out. Toney Douglas is a good young player but is not capable of being a starting point guard at this point. Lots of potential in New York with Amar'e and 'Melo to build around in the coming seasons and this experience will only spur them on to get better.

It is quite satisfying to see the Lakers struggle. You'd think they would have enough to get by, but would make for an interesting post season if they did go out at this early stage especially with OKC playing well and looking like sweeping Denver.

Very disappointed with the Knicks. I watched the first quarter of Game 3 but went to bed, thinking that if they couldn't be bothered, nor could I.

I'm sure LA will sneak through, but would love to see New Orleans gub them. And how about Atlanta? I certainly didn't have them being 3-1 up after 4. I wonder where this will all leave Dwight Howard. Please not LA, please not LA, please not LA....

I hate to say it but I can only see the Heat winning the title this year. OKC match up well with them, but I'm not sure that they'll get through the Grizz.

I hate to say it but I can only see the Heat winning the title this year. OKC match up well with them, but I'm not sure that they'll get through the Grizz.

I fear you may be right - they'll win it soon enough, but I was hoping it might be a few more years yet

Just watched the highlights of Bulls at Hawks from last night, Rose immensely impressive in getting 44 points to regain home court advantage for Chicago.

I fear you may be right - they'll win it soon enough, but I was hoping it might be a few more years yet

Just watched the highlights of Bulls at Hawks from last night, Rose immensely impressive in getting 44 points to regain home court advantage for Chicago.

Rose is a beast, what a monstrous season he's having. He's the only player I would consider in a Blake Griffin trade for my Clips. I'm predicting an OKC/Miami final, which should be very easy on the eye.

Well Dallas have one foot in the Finals now after another superb showing from Dirk. I'd really like to see the Mavs win the Championship. Firstly, it's always good to see a new name on the trophy and secondly, time is running out for Dirk and Kidd - two future HOFers - to get a ring. OKC's time will come whilst hopefully Miami's never will.

The Mavs took a 3-2 lead in the Finals last night. Really hope they can Beat the Heat and win a championship. Dirk has been amazing in this series, especially in game 4 when he played through a fever.

Must admit, I really didn't fancy Dallas but now they've got two chances to stick it to Lebron. Fingers crossed they take their full range of talents to South Beach.

Ha ha! One of the main reasons I want Dallas to win the championship (Dirk and Kidd deserving one aside) is to see LeBron's face if they lose the series in Miami. Not sure on the seriousness of the injury but Wade took a knock in last nights game so if he's not 100% Dallas have a great chance in game 6.

Back