• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update PLEASE ALL READ: What we want the Zone to be....

Really well said, South Bank Hank. The internet and social media can do great damage if used indiscriminately and yet have the capacity to draw people together in community who would never normally be linked or communicate with each other.

I think the quality of constructive debate and exchange of views about our club and football matters in general is of a high standard. It is, in the main, respectful and I think this is something that those who own, run and moderate the zone should take great credit for. Thank you and well done.

In the days that I played football (Southend & District and Mid-Essex) I was enthusiastic but average. Talking about the game in the pub afterwards was massive- often our exploits as discussed bore little relation to our performances on the field! But the chat, the banter and the discussion was so important to developing our love of the game. In a way SZ offers this to us all- the chance to banter, exchange views and develop and share our love for the game. We just have to get our own beer out of the fridge rather than order it at the bar! Long may it continue.

Well said SBH. I for one am looking forward to a new era of compassionate, caring posting from my besties Westy and Swiss Tony.

If anyone needs some expert counselling or advice, I am prepared to consider re-opening the Ask Jonny thread in the pub forum.

Well said SBH. I for one am looking forward to a new era of compassionate, caring posting from my besties Westy and Swiss Tony.

If anyone needs some expert counselling or advice, I am prepared to consider re-opening the Ask Jonny thread in the pub forum.

Dear ask Jonny I have a friend who supports Borient but finds himself drawn to Col u on occasions,please advise is there any hope for this lost case.
best wishes Tony.

How many have read this now?
Still a few ugly, needlessly, aggressive postings.
Is it harder to be polite than rude?

How many have read this now?
Still a few ugly, needlessly, aggressive postings.
Is it harder to be polite than rude?
According to the stats, 1312 have read the thread. Which leaves 5481 Zoners that are still in the dark! Seriously, it's sometimes easy to forget when someone has the arse, but bumping this thread is no bad thing every now and again.

SO ALL YOU ZONERS THAT HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD YET, NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO SEE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING.

According to the stats, 1312 have read the thread. Which leaves 5481 Zoners that are still in the dark! Seriously, it's sometimes easy to forget when someone has the arse, but bumping this thread is no bad thing every now and again.

SO ALL YOU ZONERS THAT HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD YET, NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO SEE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING.

Are those 5,000 regularly coming on here ?

Very unlikely, somewhere there used to be published stats on here of the most posters there had been on site at any one time but I cant find it. Maybe Spiff will know. I used the totality of the membership to make a point, which I think you already knew.

Definitely not. There are members going back years who do not come on now. I would say we have a hardcore of about 3 thousand that come on, some post, some just look. Some come on every day, some just now and again. It is not something we could accurately find out. The stats show we average about 800,900 visits a day + visitors who don' t register. We cant say if these 800,900 are the same people each day although that is highly unlikely. Then we have good or bad news and the figures change dramatically. We dont delete known posters that are no longer with us from the database as that would leave gaping holes in old threads and it also reminds us of the times they were with us.

Hope that explains a bit.

Very unlikely, somewhere there used to be published stats on here of the most posters there had been on site at any one time but I cant find it. Maybe Spiff will know. I used the totality of the membership to make a point, which I think you already knew.

That was and old vB thing/ad-on. I did look for it in XF but there wasn't one. Just the data Spiff shows.

I had no idea how many members are registered or how many use it regularly.

The last vB stat i can remember for most users to log in on one day was about 1600, but we could see many more stats in those days.

Last edited:
Back