• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pleased with performance?

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
"I thought we did well today and was pleased with the performance," Steve told Blues Player.

I am not, we lost again

rub of the green , socks off , thought we played well , first goal crucial, thank you and goodnight

Also subbing AFTER we concede a goal - too late again

I am not, we lost again

rub of the green , socks off , thought we played well , first goal crucial, thank you and goodnight

yeah id say the performance was a good one seeing we only won once this year,the players not being paid,a small squad etc.

the goals where well worked and maybe players not tracking there men but overall i came away happy as we could of lost that by much much more

No but you can try and anticipate how the run of play is going. its a pointless gesture just to sub after goal has gone in

No its not. If your defensive setup has been keeping them out it's not unreasonable to stick with it, though of course you can jiggle it around if necessary. However once you have conceded of course you bring on a sub or subs, because it is now all about scoring at least one goal.

We lost to a far superior team at arguably the most intimidating ground in the League and were by no means disgraced in doing so. So, it is something to be pleased about coming from an abysmal performance against Gillingham on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
We lost to a far superior team at arguably the most intimadating round in the League and were by no means disgraced in doing so. So, it is something to be pleased about coming from an abysmal performance against Gillingham on Monday.

Their 2nd goal was a joke how Barrett let the defender score with his head when Barrett was goal side of him is a farce

Their 2nd goal was a joke how Barrett let the defender score with his head when Barrett was goal side of him is a farce

I don't disagree with you on that point, it looked like Barrett was caught wrong footed by the cross and was stumbling to get something on the ball, Becchio anticipating the mistake and pouncing on it.

That said, it was individual moment and not something to be ashamed of, certainly not for the entire teams performance.

Barrett doesn't win many headers, full stop! Maybe he should be the covering central defender instead of the one competing for most of the headers.

Whatever his reason for losing headers, it certainly not due to the weight of his wallet in his back pocket!!

I am not, we lost again

What do you want Tilson to say?..... I have a sh*t team due to being forced to lose my best players over the last few seasons without being able to replace them. The players are completely de-motivated due to not being payed and some dont even want to be here working under the chairman.

Do you understand that this team isnt good enough?

What do you want Tilson to say?..... I have a sh*t team due to being forced to lose my best players over the last few seasons without being able to replace them. The players are completely de-motivated due to not being payed and some dont even want to be here working under the chairman.

Do you understand that this team isnt good enough?

I want Tilson to say....

Leeds are the better team we are not good enough simple as that no excuses I will be having them in for training Sunday to work on the mistakes

something like that

I want Tilson to say....

Leeds are the better team we are not good enough simple as that no excuses I will be having them in for training Sunday to work on the mistakes

something like that

You can train them all you like. They still won't be good enough.

You still dont understand...Tilson is NOT the problem

Some people haven't played football to a competitive standard before have they?
Just like I am fairly sure many Refs have not played football!

I want Tilson to say....

something like that
And would you come in on Sunday if you hadn't been paid for months? I know i wouldn't. As has been mentioned before, we just ain't good enough and we do not have enough players who have the passion for the fight, some will play for the name of the club, some will play for the fans, most will play because it is a job and nothing else. Until we get decent players and help them to become passionate about the club and the fans then we don't have a lot of hope. UTB

Back