• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Plus points

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
After a longer than normal journey home today I had a bit of a dwell on the game. Trying to shy away from getting to worked up about what I perhaps feel about certain things today, as no doubt I'll get told I'm wrong, I looked for some positives.

1. I thought Paynter looked a different player to the one dropped after Cardiff. He actually won a fair bit in the air and caused a few problems. Aside from the only other one who did, Maher, he gave 110% as well.

2. Clarke as well was much improved from his recent displays.

3. Francis opened his account meaning SZ got a mention over the tannoy.

4. Leeds and Hull lost.

Right, that is all.
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 21 2006,18:56)]3. Francis opened his account meaning SZ got a mention over the tannoy.
Did you like the long pause before Brian Wheeler announced who it was who scored as if he couldnt believe it?
laugh.gif

Pretty much agree with all those points

5. Sodje's return to the fold, I hope he starts again soon. Our defence suddenly looked more solid as soon as he got out there.

6. thanksfully the crowd got behind Paynter when he came on, well at least in the East Blacks, I can't speak for the other 2 stands.

I was in the west were there are a few of the anti Paynter brigade...they were subdued today thats for sure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Oct. 21 2006,19:03)]5. Sodje's return to the fold, I hope he starts again soon. Our defence suddenly looked more solid as soon as he got out there.

6. thanksfully the crowd got behind Paynter when he came on, well at least in the East Blacks, I can't speak for the other 2 stands.
Yeah, I agree about Sodje. He'd have been back for their 3rd, as I bet would've JCR.

As for Paynter, I'm sure I unfortunately heard some booing from the north end of the east. Don't know if anyone can confirm? I think he did a lot to get people off his back today though. Keep it up William.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpermatt @ Oct. 21 2006,20:39)]8. the ground was sold out always nice to see
Yeah but when it got to injury time I finally realised where I was when I looke across at the half-empty East stand - Luverly.
biggrin.gif

Back