• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pafc

Hello everybody, just thought I would come on here and give some opinions.

I notice on the match thread people have asked what sort of reception Luggy got, well it wasn't a boo or a clapp really, he worked magic at home park the first time round with 2 promotions in 2 seasons, lifting us into the championship, but in his second stint we narrowly avoided relegation one season, and he had to be sakced as we were bottom midway through the next. I clapped luggy. The guy with the biggest reception was Cocko (Coughlan) who everybody down here loves, we know he loves the club and he was a wonderful CB all those years ago. Peter Gilbert was also clapped by some. Liam Dickinson got a large boo everytime he touched the ball, which was justified, in pre season he signed for us, then resigned after 8 days for "personal reasons" then a couple days later he signs for southend, hmmmm something dodgy going on there.

Anyway as for the match. The first half was very poor from the greens way of looking at things. You were brilliant, and I am happy to say that, your defence was tight, you were in control. Your first goal was a total fluke I must say and was down to a combination of errors from defender and keeper, however your second was well worked and deserved. We didn't force your keeper into 1 decent save in the first half.

The second half was different. It started out the same and for the first 5 minutes you were in control still and I was thinking it could end up a thumping scoreline here. However the tide slowly turned, we attacked and attacked, your keeper made 2 very good stops from Hemmings and Wotton as we piled on the pressure. When on the counter though you looked dangerous, and our keeper was forced into a superb save from your lad with long hair (who was in constant banter with our fans for the entire second half, he was giving it back aswel, funny guy in my opinion and all good, though he didn't seem to give any when we got level lol). When the clock hit 80 I could see it staying at 2 0, but in the 86th minute a sweet strike from Chadders gave us some hope, then just 2 minutes later Macdonald slotted home perfectly to send us home fans wild.

YOUR FANS/ATMOSPHERE: I was shocked when they released the official number of Southend supporters, expected it to be much more as it looked and sounded it. Our fans I thought were superb even when we were 2 goals down. Good effort lads, apart from the darn exeter supporters in your end, grrrr.

FINAL POSITION: I wouldn't beat yourselves up to much, our last two home games ended in a win against Burton and a draw against Crawley. You played well, and as we usually do, we put all the pressure on in the final 10 minutes. I think you guys have the potential to finish in the top 3.

cheers guys

Thanks, good read sounds fair. Would have taken a draw before the game probably, but to throw it away like we did is criminal!

Cheers for that, hope you're right! Glad to hear Mohsni was taking the banter in good part, he has been known not to! I think most people wish you well, although I wouldn't forgive Fletcher too quickly for the throttling of Timlin in the match at Roots Hall that he got sent off for.

Hello everybody, just thought I would come on here and give some opinions.

I notice on the match thread people have asked what sort of reception Luggy got, well it wasn't a boo or a clapp really, he worked magic at home park the first time round with 2 promotions in 2 seasons, lifting us into the championship, but in his second stint we narrowly avoided relegation one season, and he had to be sakced as we were bottom midway through the next. I clapped luggy. The guy with the biggest reception was Cocko (Coughlan) who everybody down here loves, we know he loves the club and he was a wonderful CB all those years ago. Peter Gilbert was also clapped by some. Liam Dickinson got a large boo everytime he touched the ball, which was justified, in pre season he signed for us, then resigned after 8 days for "personal reasons" then a couple days later he signs for southend, hmmmm something dodgy going on there.

Anyway as for the match. The first half was very poor from the greens way of looking at things. You were brilliant, and I am happy to say that, your defence was tight, you were in control. Your first goal was a total fluke I must say and was down to a combination of errors from defender and keeper, however your second was well worked and deserved. We didn't force your keeper into 1 decent save in the first half.

The second half was different. It started out the same and for the first 5 minutes you were in control still and I was thinking it could end up a thumping scoreline here. However the tide slowly turned, we attacked and attacked, your keeper made 2 very good stops from Hemmings and Wotton as we piled on the pressure. When on the counter though you looked dangerous, and our keeper was forced into a superb save from your lad with long hair (who was in constant banter with our fans for the entire second half, he was giving it back aswel, funny guy in my opinion and all good, though he didn't seem to give any when we got level lol). When the clock hit 80 I could see it staying at 2 0, but in the 86th minute a sweet strike from Chadders gave us some hope, then just 2 minutes later Macdonald slotted home perfectly to send us home fans wild.

YOUR FANS/ATMOSPHERE: I was shocked when they released the official number of Southend supporters, expected it to be much more as it looked and sounded it. Our fans I thought were superb even when we were 2 goals down. Good effort lads, apart from the darn exeter supporters in your end, grrrr.

FINAL POSITION: I wouldn't beat yourselves up to much, our last two home games ended in a win against Burton and a draw against Crawley. You played well, and as we usually do, we put all the pressure on in the final 10 minutes. I think you guys have the potential to finish in the top 3.

cheers guys

Nice one, fella - hope your lads stay up.

I lived with an Argyle fan at uni who I met up with yesterday. Definitely want them to stay up. I think they will as well. I've seen much worse sides this season and we didn't do enough for the win yesterday. Still absolutely gutted by us throwing away a 2 goal lead though.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

Back