• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Friday, 3pm
For me my first away game of 2018 and one I am really looking forward to. PA, are IMO a proper club in that they are local and loyal supporters.
I can not guess what SCP will pick but I expect an unchanged main squad with maybe Demi returning? And on a good Home Park Kites replacing Woody.

Can see another win here against a top 7 team! They was on form but have not been as good of late! 1 loss in 10 for us and our record against the top 7 teams is amazing! Win this and were 4 points away from playoffs!! But im sure most fans on here arent as optomistic as myself and are still worried about relegation!! Get behind the team! Still enough points to play for and playoffs are possible.

Looking forward to this one but keep recalling my last visit when we let them come back from 2-0 down and the extra 2 points would have seen us promoted.
Ox
Demi
Turner
Ferdinand
Coker

McL
Dru
Sam the man
Kightly

Cox
MAF

+ strong bench!
Bishop,White,Kyp,Timlin,Wordsworth,Harrison,McG.

Looking forward to this one but keep recalling my last visit when we let them come back from 2-0 down and the extra 2 points would have seen us promoted.
Ox
Demi
Turner
Ferdinand
Coker

McL
Dru
Sam the man
Kightly

Cox
MAF

+ strong bench!

Can't believe that was 6 years ago that 2-2 game. We were all over them winning easily until the last 4 minutes. I think that's the game where the supporters coaches got home at 6am on the Sunday (from a Sat 3pm kick off!) after getting stick in the snow on the M25.

Will be a big crowd Friday probably the biggest they have had against us for over 40 years.

Ox
Demi
Turner
Ferdinand
Coker

McL
Dru
Sam the man
Kightly

Cox
MAF

+ strong bench!

was listening to this game on the radio. From this day on have never, ever, trusted a score until the final whistle blows. :sad:

I think Powell will add Demitriou at right back but otherwise the other 10 that started against Rotherham will do so again for Plymouth. For this game I would prefer to see Kightly start rather than Woody. The pairing of Turner and White is working very well and it makes us just a bit more mobile at the back rather than with Anton there. No criticism of Ferdinand intended but JW is that bit quicker.

Can see another win here against a top 7 team! They was on form but have not been as good of late! 1 loss in 10 for us and our record against the top 7 teams is amazing! Win this and were 4 points away from playoffs!! But im sure most fans on here arent as optomistic as myself and are still worried about relegation!! Get behind the team! Still enough points to play for and playoffs are possible.

No chance of play-offs mate, to make up 7pts from 8 games on the top 6 with so many sides between us and 6th is a pipe dream (particularly as we still have to face the likes of Blackburn away before the end of the season). A real shame the managerial change wasn't made earlier but SCP has done a great job and we should all feel confident going into next season.

Play offs are unlikely, but hopefully we can at least keep a little bit of interest going for a couple more weeks. To be even thinking about it after the nadir that was December and January and the the end of Phil Brown is more than we could of hoped for.

We might get lucky again in terms of playing a team that has been on an amazing run, that has just finished. Rotherham went on one, then lost a couple of games before we played them. Plymouth have been on one, only losing to Wigan in about 16 games before their defeat against Charlton last week.

I would bring Demi in for Elvis, and maybe Kightly in for Woody (as Kightly was doing well, and is too good to be on the bench). Also got the option of moving Woody inside for Mantom or Dru.

Other than that one or two little tweaks, same as last week for me. We have got to be 100% on our top game to get anything, and I would take a point now and 3 against the Gills on Monday.

I will be there hoping for a win, fearing a defeat and expecting a draw. The Pilgrims are very strong at home and a draw would be an excellent result. The point will likely secure our safety.

I agree with some of the things u say,but if we keep winning its possible? Ive seen nothing from the teams above us other then shrewsbury to suggest there in form right now! There is no consistency with the top six teams rothertham lost 3 out of last 4 plymouth getting nervous! Peterborough inconsistent,scunthorpe inconsistent!! So are u saying if we beet plymouth and gillingham were not in the playoff hunt ?

Is this a wind up? Must be !! We are closer to the playoffs then we are relegation!! Why so negative? We have lost 1 in the last 10 and conceded 1 goal in our last 3 away games.

Yes, mathematically play offs are still possible, but we would need to win at least 6 of our remaining 8 games, and that would only give us 68 points.

I can hopefully see us putting a good run together and ending up with 60 odd points and missing out by a a couple of wins in 8th or 9th place. This would hopefully see us as an established top 8 league one club having finished 7th the season before and with the new stadium only being 2 decades away now, would be a more attractive proposition for players to come in during the summer and make a proper push next year.

Will be a big crowd Friday probably the biggest they have had against us for over 40 years.

Went there in 75 when they were at the top of 3rd Div with Blackburn. It was also a Friday night game, and The Brother's Grimm organised a 2 day trip on the coach. As many a time back then, it broke down near Bridport en route home on the Saturday for a couple of hours!.
Positive point of that trip, was that I met my 'wife to be' of 3 years later on the coach. Negative points, she passed away 15 months ago, and we lost 1-0:thumbdown:
The crowd that evening was around 15,000 ( I think? ). That must be the biggest attendance they've had against us?.

Will be there on Fri with son and Granddaughter, its her first game. Plymouths ground is only a 20 min drive for us, so really looking forward to this game. Think there Centre half Sonney Bradley may still be missing, I know all the PA supporters rate him. Im afraid the weather forecast is rain all day, just like most days down the west country. My forecast for the result is 1-1 , safe journey down folks !

Went there in 75 when they were at the top of 3rd Div with Blackburn. It was also a Friday night game, and The Brother's Grimm organised a 2 day trip on the coach. As many a time back then, it broke down near Bridport en route home on the Saturday for a couple of hours!.
Positive point of that trip, was that I met my 'wife to be' of 3 years later on the coach. Negative points, she passed away 15 months ago, and we lost 1-0:thumbdown:
The crowd that evening was around 15,000 ( I think? ). That must be the biggest attendance they've had against us?.

16,321 according to SUFC database and the 3rd highest. The top crowd was 25,349 8th Oct 1958.

28 Feb 1975: Paul Mariner was playing for Argyle - think he scored - Crowd 16,321 or 16,750 maybe...

Back