• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I suspect, as the day will likely be wet and the pitch slippy, then pace will not be of much use. Also, given the lack of height with our preferred front men, crosses and long balls may be less than effective. I think it will be a slog of a match and one which I would not bother putting Kightly into. The back four need to concentrate on defending and limit the swashbuckling, or should that be sploshbuckling?, and the midfield needs to be alert to cover back. I think the game will be won or lost in midfield and I would definitely go for five across the centre. McLaughlin left, Timlin inside him, Wordsworth as a number 10, Dru and Wright on the right. Cox the lone forward, interchanging with mids supporting him.

Oxley,
Demi, White, Turner, Cox.
Wright, Dru, Wordsworth, Timlin, McLaughlin.
Cox.

Mantom for Timlin is an option.

I listened to a Plymouth podcast the other day which was very interesting. They are concerned about the loss of Bradley and feel they are vulnerable against pace, which fortunately for them we don't have. I can't think of many teams more sluggish on the counter attack than us, which partly explains our appalling away record.

Apparently they didn't play well against Charlton, but the home side were eager to impress their new manager and probably had a bit extra. Antoni Sarcevic is also a big loss for them although they're not as concerned about him as they are Bradley. They now lack threat from set pieces and if I were a betting man a few quid on Michael Turner to score might be a decent outside punt.

I think we'll do well to get anything but our chances are brighter than they were, we can hope they are on their way to a little wobble after a magnificent three-month run.

Only Bury have scored fewer goals than us away from home . Time to do something about that!

I suspect, as the day will likely be wet and the pitch slippy, then pace will not be of much use. Also, given the lack of height with our preferred front men, crosses and long balls may be less than effective. I think it will be a slog of a match and one which I would not bother putting Kightly into. The back four need to concentrate on defending and limit the swashbuckling, or should that be sploshbuckling?, and the midfield needs to be alert to cover back. I think the game will be won or lost in midfield and I would definitely go for five across the centre. McLaughlin left, Timlin inside him, Wordsworth as a number 10, Dru and Wright on the right. Cox the lone forward, interchanging with mids supporting him.

Oxley,
Demi, White, Turner, Cox.
Wright, Dru, Wordsworth, Timlin, McLaughlin.
Cox.

Mantom for Timlin is an option.

A controversial choice at left-back!

If we're playing 5 in midfield then we'll need the full-backs to swashbuckle. It's if we got two up front that you may want the full-backs to not venture too far forward.

A controversial choice at left-back!

If we're playing 5 in midfield then we'll need the full-backs to swashbuckle. It's if we got two up front that you may want the full-backs to not venture too far forward.

And where is Dawson?

A very tough game for us this one and a long trip to go with it, be a bonus to even get a point out of this game but I fear a 3-1 loss for us, hope I'm very wrong.

350 tickets sold add prob 100 on the day that’s a good turn out

350 tickets sold add prob 100 on the day that’s a good turn out

Very good turnout especially with all the long trips recently.

Mind you I see only 5,791 currently sold for Gillingham game on Monday. Looks like they have not given away any in the South Lower for this match.

An away trip to South Devon is not the ideal game for a bank holiday. M25 M5 A303 traffic chaos.
You can never be sure,but speaking with quite a lot of experience,M25-M4(to Bristol)-M5-A38 should be best.

Don't know about PA pitch, but its been tipping down with hail . Sunshine early tomorrow morning then heavy shower for rest of day. Just a typical day in the Wet country im afraid. !
There is a lot of rain forecast for the next 24 hours. Any Plymouth locals comment on the state of the pitch?

Back