• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Currently dry here in Plymouth but chilly. For those travelling tomorrow beware two sets of roadworks on M4 in Berkshire and Wiltshire. Also near m4 m5 Junction. Safe travels

Don't know about PA pitch, but its been tipping down with hail . Sunshine early tomorrow morning then heavy shower for rest of day. Just a typical day in the Wet country im afraid. !

It always seems to be sunny on the beer roof of The Fortescue. Fingers crossed for a pleasing reversal of the weather forecast. Mind you, it's joyous inside The Fortescue too. Just over twelve hours until me, Grumpy Blue and maybe TravelZone ShrimperZone can put this hypothetical scenario to the the test. :thumbsup:

Very good turnout especially with all the long trips recently.

Mind you I see only 5,791 currently sold for Gillingham game on Monday. Looks like they have not given away any in the South Lower for this match.
we are now looking at around 7,500 for Gillingham up to this morning, should be over 8,000 tho on the day:thumbsup:

Mr Adams is quoted being respectful and adroit in the Plymouth Herald about our improved points return and safety under SCP. The local rag points out that PAFC have won 9 from 10 of their home league games! Gulp. And are strongly pushing for a play off spot.
All this puts an edge on the game, for us a win sets a small flame flickering but a(nother) consecutive defeat would cause a ripple for them and anxiety of falling off the pace and others catching.
Possibly, just about, for us to win, this is a 4 point game!

It's the business end of the season.

It's simple. We need another 3 points to secure league 1 football.

6 points this weekend and we have an opportunity to be on the shoulder of the chasing pack in the final few games.

Of course lose both and we have another very tough away game at Blackburn to deal with.

It's nice to essentially have something riding on games at the end of a very up and down season.

He's resting ahead of the game, matt. I'm just hoping Mrs Noxious can supervise his tactics for the game with the adroitness that she takes his urine samples.
I think we all know that Chicken's a veteran. He's done this before, he knows when to rest up and how to prepare himself for the demands of game day. I reckon he knows the tactics, too, maybe just a little pep talk from Mrs Noxious to keep him focused.

He's the feline Marc Antoine Fortuné. He's getting on, but he's fitter than anyone expected and he gets the job done.

Though being a cat, I guess he'd be more like "For Tuna", right? :smile:

I think we all know that Chicken's a veteran. He's done this before, he knows when to rest up and how to prepare himself for the demands of game day. I reckon he knows the tactics, too, maybe just a little pep talk from Mrs Noxious to keep him focused.

He's the feline Marc Antoine Fortuné. He's getting on, but he's fitter than anyone expected and he gets the job done.

Though being a cat, I guess he'd be more like "For Tuna", right? :smile:

This is absolutely right, Cultist. I'm not blaming Chicken for yesterday's result as I think that he could not adapt to it being a Friday game. He's been lapping up the water and peeing on his pad today instead so it appears that he wasn't aware that we were playing yesterday. I'll need to have a bit of a word with him on Monday and see if that helps as (dare I say it), I'm not sure that Mrs Noxious treats our match days with the same attention to tactical detail that I do.

Back