• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Having started a thread that wondered about the return of Daniels, I'll simply ask which of the two would have been more likely to save the first Plymouth goal?
Everyone bangs on about defence, midfield and attack - but how crucial is the keeper to any team?

It was a strange one that first goal for plymouth. Was he trying to punch it and it moved in the air and caught him out. It seemed to be heading straight for him. Gutted really because if he pushes that over the bar then I think we would have gone on to win. As for there second goal, it seems so many of our lot just looking at the ball but not actually attacking it. Oh well never mind. These things happen and from whats being said we did play well in the main. It sounds like the journey back from Plymouth is the main story of this game.

A new Goalkeeper is needed unless he sorts him self out, Swindon game he should of saved 3 of them goals, But being a keeper myself you're only as good as your defence.

To be fair all keepers make mistakes. When it leads to a goal as it often does it makes it doubley frustrating. I think we should stick by him because he has done well in the past. Luke made a few mistakes while he was with us and I seem to remember people saying we should let him go back to WBA. We can't keep being so fickle and I think we should get behind Morris and hope he doesn't make too many howlers in the coming months.

Luke Daniels let a sloppy goal (that made it 1-1 at the time) go through his legs away at Daggenham but because we ended up winning the game knowbody brings it up for concern. Morris makes some mistakes in a game that his defense were just as bad, we lose and Morris is the scapegoat. Tim Howard is a superb keeper, anyone see his blunder on match of the day last night. Mistakes happen and when they do, they need to be forgotten. We cant get a new keeper just because our current keeper was a fault for a couple of goals. If he is consistantly at fault and costing us game after game then yes, but calling for his head now is simply pathetic. At least he was a Free transfer and not an £18 million transfer from Athletico Madrid ala De Gea.

The whole back 5 is just shaky and totally lacking in leadership and confidence at the moment, no cohesion or communication. Needs addressing asap or bang goes promotion.

Having started a thread that wondered about the return of Daniels, I'll simply ask which of the two would have been more likely to save the first Plymouth goal?
Everyone bangs on about defence, midfield and attack - but how crucial is the keeper to any team?

Douglas Bader could have saved Plymouth's first goal....woeful keeping

Ist goal clear deflection took it spinning the other way (Baldwin) watching live, not so obvious on TV.

Ist goal clear deflection took it spinning the other way (Baldwin) watching live, not so obvious on TV.
Surely we haven't got to pillory someone else instead??!! Honestly, it beats me how armchair critics can sit in judgment without troubling to ask the obvious question about deflections. Wouldn't it have been better to assume (as the BBC commentators did) it MUST have been a deflection unless and until an actual eye-witness could claim otherwise. More reliable than a two-dimensional television camera placed at an unforgiving angle some 40 yards away. The irony of course about deflections is that it's NOT being beaten by one that may show you up as a poor keeper: too slow to have even started off in the first place!

Douglas Bader could have saved Plymouth's first goal....woeful keeping

Ha!Went to school with someone who knew the legless wonder.Don't fink so somehow.
Agree about the woeful keeping bit though.Just seen the BP highlights.It was obvious that Morris was having trouble holding the ball(presumably due to the conditions) throughout the 2nd half.

Back