• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greenelk

Coach
Southend vs Plymouth: Bentley, Clohessy, Cresswell, Prosser, Barker, Hurst, Timlin, Spicer, Martin, Benyon, Assombalonga.

Subs: Smith, Leonard, Coughlan, Eastwood, Corr, Straker, Woodyard.

Benyon! Just don't see what he brings to the table. Too small gets pushed/bullied off the ball too much. Has had chances never done anything for me. Cue Benyon hatrick.

Surprised to see Eastwood on the bench. Benyon needs to take this chance because you can't imagine that he'll get too many more with Freddy and Corr on the bench and Harris on the way back as well.

Yeah agreed. If Benyon doesn't start rediscovering his Torquay form soon then I think he might turn out to be yet another striker flop we've had in recent years. Really hope he does well though as he had formed a decent partnership with Harris last year and was unlucky to lose his place when Freddy returned

Benyon! Just don't see what he brings to the table. Too small gets pushed/bullied off the ball too much. Has had chances never done anything for me. Cue Benyon hatrick.

hes what i like to call an oxygen stealer, someone else could be using it, pointless player........im setting myself up to look a fool (come on benyon)

Yep, seeing Benyon on the starting team sheet holds little inspiration. Not sure what the old man was thinking when he signed him......I guess we all make mistakes...

hes what i like to call an oxygen stealer, someone else could be using it, pointless player........im setting myself up to look a fool (come on benyon)

I'm with you Lee. If he scores today we can look foolish together! But I doubt we have much to worry about, I reckon He'll be off by 60 mins with Freddy coming on.

bit of a shame tomlin not fit, benyon owes us a good game if not maybe see freddie on for 45 mins today.

Yep, seeing Benyon on the starting team sheet holds little inspiration. Not sure what the old man was thinking when he signed him......I guess we all make mistakes...

there is also the point that freddie not actually a Sturrock signing he was a 'director signing' from what I understand PS doesnt like him

Dont want to rush Freddy or Corr back. Happy for Freddy to get 30-35 minutes and Corr another 20-25 minutes. Got 4 games in 10 days. Plenty of time to get them in the starting XI

there is also the point that freddie not actually a Sturrock signing he was a 'director signing' from what I understand PS doesnt like him
i think its a bit of who is fit is playing and yeh i think your right as sturrock rates others ahead of eastwood, shame but i can see eastwood getting 45 mins today.

Not adverse to Benyon starting, to protect our two senior strikers, he can run around and wear the defence down.

Not adverse to Benyon starting, to protect our two senior strikers, he can run around and wear the defence down.

Yes , I agree.
I know he hasn't scored as much as he should etc ( which is his primary role I guess ) , but as i mentioned after last week , he does make the opposition back four move about and play the ball quicker than they would like when they are in possession.
Would love him to score today.

Back