• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pocket money for kids.

callan

Striker
After a weeks holiday listening to my kids demanding money for stuff, I have decided enough is enough and they will now receive a weekly allowance which will hopefully teach them the value of money and stand them in good stead for the future.
However Mrs C and I cannot agree on what amount they should get, to me 50 pence a week is more than enough to supply them with a beano and a ten pence mixed bag from the sweet shop, but she reckons I'm a tight ar5e and the amount should be at least a couple of quid, which im my opinion is ja scandalous amount.
I have it at the back of my mind that should they need more, they can work for extra pennies by doing odd jobs around the house such as cleaning my shoes etc.
So how much should they get for pocket money and how much should I pay them for the following ( I have put my own pricing ideas at the side);

Shoe cleaning - 20 pence per pair.
Making a Sandwich for me - 15 pence a round.
Making a Sandwich for Mrs C - 5 pence a round.
Feeding the dogs - 6 pence per meal.
Hoovering - 10 pence a room.
wiping up - 15 pence.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Pathetic.

Give them £5 a week for being them. I know I wouldn't accept anything less. :)

Mowing the grass - 30p a time. ;)

I believe pocket money should be stopped as soon as a child reaches 13, and they should then go and get a paper round.

How old are the kids in question?

I believe pocket money should be stopped as soon as a child reaches 13, and they should then go and get a paper round.

How old are the kids in question?

3 GIRLS AGED 12 / 8 AND 6.

Your pricing policy is spot on.
I used to get 50p p/w when I was a nipper, it got more and more as I got older. Make them earn their money as well!

After a weeks holiday listening to my kids demanding money for stuff, I have decided enough is enough and they will now receive a weekly allowance which will hopefully teach them the value of money and stand them in good stead for the future.
However Mrs C and I cannot agree on what amount they should get, to me 50 pence a week is more than enough to supply them with a beano and a ten pence mixed bag from the sweet shop, but she reckons I'm a tight ar5e and the amount should be at least a couple of quid, which im my opinion is ja scandalous amount.
I have it at the back of my mind that should they need more, they can work for extra pennies by doing odd jobs around the house such as cleaning my shoes etc.
So how much should they get for pocket money and how much should I pay them for the following ( I have put my own pricing ideas at the side);

wiping up - 15 pence.

Based on these prices I thought I was in the eighties again.

wiping up - 15 pence.

QUOTE]

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I'm with Mrs C in the "tight @rse git" stakes ... You'll be sending them down the mines next !!!

Your pricing policy is spot on.
I used to get 50p p/w when I was a nipper, it got more and more as I got older. Make them earn their money as well!

AS a 20 year old, I got 50p a week up until I was about nine and my Dad offered us a performance related pay increase to £5 a month. Never did me any harm.

Climbing up the inside of the Chimney and brushing down...... Sixpence
Climbing inside the stove and cleaning..... A Shilling.
Cleaning the outhouse out.....One and six.

:rolleyes:

I used to get a quid a week for a while, it got increased as I got older. I remember as soon as I got my quid I'd go straight to the newsagents for four packs of football stickers, I'd wait a week and repeat the process.

yep we had a performance related pay scheme... we started on Five pounds a week but that was inclusive of all jobs. if we were asked to do something and didn't then 50p was knocked off. once we got to about 14-15 we were expected to get a paper-round or saturday job

wiping up - 15 pence.

In my opinion kids pocket money should be linked to the price of cigarettes and fireworks.

give them nothing, i wasn't given any pocket money as a child and had a paper round at 12 and now i have small job. never did me any harm, if not stand firm with 50p

i used to get £1 a week i think until i was 8 or so, then £2 a week until i was 12, then when i was a teenager i got £5 a week.

However, for this i had to do a fair share of housework, and the additional i got when i turned 13, included things like cooking dinner and hoovering my mums car.

I dont believe kids should be given pocket money for nothing.

Pocket money for doing housework and tasks etc teaches kids the value of money, as well as neccesary life skills.

I knew kids at school who got like £10/£20 a week, yet couldnt cook an egg or operate a vaccum cleaner... thats just bad parenting in my eyes.

i used to get £1 a week i think until i was 8 or so, then £2 a week until i was 12, then when i was a teenager i got £5 a week.

However, for this i had to do a fair share of housework, and the additional i got when i turned 13, included things like cooking dinner and hoovering my mums car.

I dont believe kids should be given pocket money for nothing.

Pocket money for doing housework and tasks etc teaches kids the value of money, as well as neccesary life skills.

I knew kids at school who got like £10/£20 a week, yet couldnt cook an egg or operate a vaccum cleaner... thats just bad parenting in my eyes.

agree... most of the kids i knew who got £10-£20 a week are on the dole now

Back