• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Podcasts

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Any recommendations for any good ones?

I'm currently subscribed to about 20 of podcasts, although most of them either seem to have stopped or only have new stuff every 6 months.

As there are thousands of them, I'm sure there is plenty of hidden gems out there. So any recommendations?

I'll start you all off with a football one: Baker and Kelly have started a new podcast.

My faves are The All Day Breakfast Show (Which is currently on hold until whatever problems they are having are resolved) & Russell Brand.

the Times Sounds one can be quite good depending upon the featured artist.

Other than that the majority tend to be a bit hit and miss.

I'll start you all off with a football one: Baker and Kelly have started a new podcast.

Hopefully of them jumping off a very tall building, with digital quality sound of them splatting on the floor!

He's not that popular on here but I used to get the weekly Chris Moyles podcast, not updated it since I got my new laptop though.

Also, in terms of comedy, there was a quality one doing the rounds up here (some guy in his bedroom was making them), called Limmy's World of Glasgow, a bit like a version of Little Britain set in Glasgow. He got signed up by the BBC Comedy Unit on the strength of his work (there was an article on the BBC website about it a few months back which alerted my attention to it in the firstr place!)

Hopefully of them jumping off a very tall building, with digital quality sound of them splatting on the floor!

Heathen! Their show on 5 Live has not been matched - they were superb together, more for the proper football-fan daftness of much of their stuff... just the sort of stupid nonsense we'd all blether on about in the pub. Some of their discussions which had me in stitches included:

* A "Tall & Terrible v. Short & Aggressive" match (you had to phone in with suggestions... I think the former team had 11 Ormondroyds at one point)

* Stupid names for Sunday League football teams (A Chemical Academicals and an Old Fallopians - the latter for a team of Gynaecologists - jump to mind)

* Daftest musical instruments taken into a football ground (there was a non-league side - Hayes, possibly - where the grand piano from the local pub used to get taken in for some half time entertainment).

It was proper, daft footy banter from two boys who are clearly passionate about the game to their marrow - not the sort of bland, ersatz, Premier$hite obsessed pap you get on 5 Live nowadays by a load of corporate wannabes who know how to trot out all the "right things".

Rant over.

:thump:

Matt

Cant believe no one has mentioned it yet The Ricky Gervais show is absolute superb!!

Karl Pilkington is a absolute legend.

Heathen! Their show on 5 Live has not been matched - they were superb together, more for the proper football-fan daftness of much of their stuff... just the sort of stupid nonsense we'd all blether on about in the pub. Some of their discussions which had me in stitches included:

* A "Tall & Terrible v. Short & Aggressive" match (you had to phone in with suggestions... I think the former team had 11 Ormondroyds at one point)

* Stupid names for Sunday League football teams (A Chemical Academicals and an Old Fallopians - the latter for a team of Gynaecologists - jump to mind)

* Daftest musical instruments taken into a football ground (there was a non-league side - Hayes, possibly - where the grand piano from the local pub used to get taken in for some half time entertainment).

It was proper, daft footy banter from two boys who are clearly passionate about the game to their marrow - not the sort of bland, ersatz, Premier$hite obsessed pap you get on 5 Live nowadays by a load of corporate wannabes who know how to trot out all the "right things".

Rant over.

Matt

You really are a very angry young man today Matthew?
I suggest you seek out a luxury spa & go for a Swedish massage to calm down.

RELLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXX & IMMMMAAAAAGGGINE YOU'RE ON A SAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDYYY BEACH!!!!

Rant over.

Matt

Top post.

6-0-6 under Baker and Kelly was an institution. Most of its presenters since (Spoony, Mellor, Littlejohn, Green) should be institutionalised.

My faves are The All Day Breakfast Show (Which is currently on hold until whatever problems they are having are resolved)

Great podcast that is i enjoyed that a hell of alot whilst it was on. Getting into the Danny Baker and Danny Kelly one now.

Also these ones are worth a shout:

1.Russel Brand
2. Ricky Gervais
3.Chris Moyles
4.Russel Howard

Rant over.

Matt

Indeed. Add loz & I to the list of Baker & Kelly fans. I'm now downloading the podcasts and can't wait to listen to them. Bloody hell I was almost obsessed by their show at one point. Even had a webpage dedicated to cracking the mystery of Joanne & her beaus....

The Guardian Unlimited football podcast is absolutely great. I'm a big James Richardson fan, and as he presents it's well worth listening to. The other people on the pod are good and all.

Also, as said earlier, the Russell Brand podcast is spectacular.

Well, I previously never touched podcasts other than the SUFC one but I'll give some of the above a go. Well done viral marketers.

Back