• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Pointless December?

How many points in December?

• 0 to 4 points

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • 5 to 9 points

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • 10 to 14 points

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • 15 to 18 points

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
First time I've ever done a poll, so I don't know how it's going to work out.
The days are getting shorter and we're on the cusp of entering December, not unfortunately the most fruitful time for Southend United as collecting points goes, particularly in recent times.

season 2008-9 5 league games........3 points

season 2007-8 6 league games........7 points

season 2006-7 6 league games........6 points

So with our present squad and hitting the month running with games against Norwich and Charlton plus Christmas crackers against Ewes and Orient...........just how many points are we going to get from our next six matches?

H Norwich
A Charlton
H Hartlepool
A Exeter
H Colchester
A Orient

Not at all positive. I'll take a win over the scum, and draws against Exeter & Borient.

H Norwich
A Charlton
H Hartlepool
A Exeter
H Colchester
A Orient
Norwich - Draw/loss
Charlton - Draw/loss
Hartlepool - Draw/Win
Exeter - Win
Colchester - Draw (:'()
Orient - Win
That's a bit optimisitic I'd say but that'd give us a maximum of 11 which would be impressive!

When you consider that Jesus was born in December and he died for our sins it doesn't seem pointless to me.

I for one am going to show my respect by getting ******ed on advocaat and I know he will be up there getting ripped to the tits before the Bond film has even started.

4 for me. orient win exeter draw

Watch Col Ewe crumble under the might of the Blues, Watch the 'O's quiver at the very mention of our name. The monkeyhangers can be undone, Exeter should be as easy as Tranmere (mmm) Norwich and Charlton we should/could get a point from each. Oh Ok, so 4 points it is then. UTB

Last edited:
When you consider that Jesus was born in December and he died for our sins it doesn't seem pointless to me.

I for one am going to show my respect by getting ******ed on advocaat and I know he will be up there getting ripped to the tits before the Bond film has even started.

I've never understood why our Lord arranged for his son to be born on Dec 25th..............after all everyones so busy at this time of the year!
icon12.gif

Sorry,before being accused of going off topic,
I cant see with the limited resorces that T&B have,us getting any more than 6 max.

Norwich-lose
Charlton-draw
Hartlepool-draw
Exeter-draw
Colchester-lose(sorry but i fear the worst, just to mess up christmas)
Orient-win

Think Tuesday night could well be the start of an unbeaten run, so have gone for 14pts.:)

H Norwich W
A Charlton D
H Hartlepool W
A Exeter D
H Colchester W
A Orient W

Last edited:
At first glance I can see four draws out of the six but as we haven't drawn for eleven matches perhaps I should revise my prediction. Following a very 'drawful' start to the season our last one pointer was back on the 11th September against Leeds. Pity that with our injuries suspension and tiny squad, we start with two really difficult matches.
NORWICH: Their away form is 3 3 3 and I was initially tempted to go for
a draw. However, without Grant and our defense still getting
to know each other, I fear they may just edge it.
CHARLTON: Even with Grant back........you've really got to be a SUPER
optimist to believe we will pick up anything here. They are
unbeaten at home and have only dropped two points in
nine matches.
HARTLEPOOL: Although they are not that bad on the road (3 3 3), you
feel that three points are essential here.
EXETER: About time we got something on the road and as Exeter's
home form is (3 5 1), I'll go for our first draw.
COLCHESTER: Team should have gelled.......Christmas cracker with points
shared.
ORIENT: Our first away win since...............................

Eight points in December..........could be worse ........would keep us mid table.

I think we will win the home games and lose the away one's.

The way we are playing on the road now reminds me of the 90's and early 00's where we would go 15-20 games without an away win, as standard.

Cant see anymore than possible 4 and thats without anymore injuries. Got to get some players in in Jan window,otherwise 52 point is going to be a struggle.

Cant see anymore than possible 4 and thats without anymore injuries. Got to get some players in in Jan window,otherwise 52 point is going to be a struggle.

Think come the window we could do worse than to go down the First alss Window route - where we pay for the front and get the back done free (Just the midfield to sort out then).

Back