• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Pointless December?

How many points in December?

• 0 to 4 points

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • 5 to 9 points

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • 10 to 14 points

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • 15 to 18 points

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going for 8 points. I think we'll get tanked on Tuesday and then out of nowhere pick up a point at Charlton. Then follows another narrow, late win over Hartlepool, a disappointing defeat to Exeter, a morale-boosting 3-0 win over the Farmers and a score-draw at Orient.

I'm going for 8 points. I think we'll get tanked on Tuesday and then out of nowhere pick up a point at Charlton. .

I reluctantly agree with you about tuesday, yet saturdays game at Charlton is one of those where we will either cop a real hiding or win 1-0!.

CHARLTON: Even with Grant back........you've really got to be a SUPER
optimist to believe we will pick up anything here. They are
unbeaten at home and have only dropped two points in
nine matches.

Over the years we've tended to do worse at teams who haven't won at home for ages.

Over the years we've tended to do worse at teams who haven't won at home for ages.

Exactly, 2 which spring to mind were at Newport in the early seventies when they had'nt won at home all season until we played their around this time of year, and we copped a 3-0 defeat. Also during our 6 season stay in the 1st division in the nineties under Whelans reign, we played at West Brom who had'nt won for around 17 games and guess what?. Yes, they beat us 3-0 or 3-1, i'd rather play a team who have won 6 on the trot rather than have lost them.

Exactly, 2 which spring to mind were at Newport in the early seventies when they had'nt won at home all season until we played their around this time of year, and we copped a 3-0 defeat. Also during our 6 season stay in the 1st division in the nineties under Whelans reign, we played at West Brom who had'nt won for around 17 games and guess what?. Yes, they beat us 3-0 or 3-1, i'd rather play a team who have won 6 on the trot rather than have lost them.

To qualify that Tony, Newport hadn't won a league game home or away that season until our visit to Somerton Park that is.

I think this thread title should be changed to Potless December as that's the state i'll be in come the 31st

H Norwich - Draw
A Charlton - Loss
H Hartlepool - Win
A Exeter - Loss
H Colchester - Draw
A Orient - Win

8pts

Think Tuesday night could well be the start of an unbeaten run, so have gone for 14pts.:)

H Norwich W
A Charlton D
H Hartlepool W
A Exeter D
H Colchester W
A Orient W

Roxy, don't know what you are on mate, but i will buy the next one (or 2 or 3) if you are right. Good luck mate. UTB.

H Norwich D
A Charlton L
H Hartlepool W
A Exeter L
H Colchester D
A Orient D

6 points in total..

Roxy, don't know what you are on mate, but i will buy the next one (or 2 or 3) if you are right. Good luck mate. UTB.

Ha! Yes, I must admit my optimisim tends to get carried away where SUFC are concerned - but on paper all those games we are more than capable of getting something out of - it is just putting a decent run together and having a settled side, hopefully with the new loanees we can have a bit of stability in December.

Oh and I'll have a large vodka soda & lime with ice please!;)

Oh dear, it looks like the pessimists are going to be right!

One win in 5 matches so far (1 in 6 or 2 in 8 if you count November, IIRC)

Out of interest, anyone know the last time we had a good points haul in December ?

Still five points off the eight I predicted for December and i didn't think that I was over optimistic. Five points from Orient is going to prove a bit difficult even for the super Blues. Unfortunately, even a point at Birdbrain Road could be considered an achievement at the present time.

Back