• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always a Shrimper

Schoolboy
Once again card playing Ron gives out the same old signals!

So, Poker Player Ron is getting boring! :finger:

Same old line of years back. In his programme notes apparently he states :- couple of issues to iron out then full steam ahead. ----- he can tie up loose ends.

States he will keep supporters informed through club's website during close season.

But this statement still does not appear on the club's web pages! For those not forking out for a match day programme!

It is spin, spin & spin again for those daft enough to swallow it.

I do not think the shops are fully owned and the old collage site in Fairfax Drive has not been obtained.

When will Sainsburys get as tired of this as us supporters are and pull the plug!

In no way is this defence of RM's as I am sure most know my views of him already , but he can't do anything for 90 days anyway until the statutory option for somebody to object to The Council's decision runs out. That is what I am told.

Same old line of years back. In his programme notes apparently he states :- couple of issues to iron out then full steam ahead. ----- he can tie up loose ends.

States he will keep supporters informed through club's website during close season.

But this statement still does not appear on the club's web pages! For those not forking out for a match day programme!

I do not think the shops are fully owned and the old collage site in Fairfax Drive has not been obtained.

When will Sainsburys get as tired of this as us supporters are and pull the plug!

I've got a feeling you like poker?

I agree with you though

He has worked hard to agree for the council to accept his proposal and now they have accepted the 3.5m and said their terms he is questioning it. I wish he would shut up and accept what the council have offered/agreed.

Personally the article just seems to report what went on, there isn't any spin at all that I can see. But if there was, is there a problem with spin? Seriously?

Your comment about people swallowing it indicate also indicates some untruth or exaggeration, but again, I can't see anything other than a fairly plain factual report about the council meeting, plus some thanks for the fans who went to Wembley and a welcome to Bristol Rovers. Would you highlight the bit that you think people might be swallowing?

As far as I can see, the best Ron can be accused of here is saying nothing. In fact, no spin or bull at all.

Face it, it doesn't matter what he says, none of it will be right and so frankly, why should he say anything at all? I wouldn't blame him if he just shut up completely.

Why cant some of you just sit back and wait the 90 days and give the man a chance,IF he says nothing you chastise hime , if he makes a statement you chastise him, seems from here no matter what he cannot win.I suppose the day the Stadium is finished and opened you will still say it took a day too long.

This is my concern how much of land at Fossetts and Roots Hall do SUFC/ RM companys own. Along with the Prospects and shops theres St Marys Court. I've read elsewhere there is a part of Fossetts still under Council ownership, and also parcels of land at Roots Hall have been borrowed against and possibly not yet repaid.

This is my concern how much of land at Fossetts and Roots Hall do SUFC/ RM companys own. Along with the Prospects and shops theres St Marys Court. I've read elsewhere there is a part of Fossetts still under Council ownership, and also parcels of land at Roots Hall have been borrowed against and possibly not yet repaid.

I think Sainsburys still have to do the deal with Prospects and a few others but have held back because of the final planning being past. In 90 days if nobody objects to the Councils decision then they will. RM is in the same place I would say, once/if planning goes through he will have all the guarantees released on the land etc and will not have to pay any monies back on the loans he took out against them with Sainsbury's, they will just knock them off the final sale figure.If (Ha) he owes others he will then have other parcels of land back which are not part of RH to raise extra cash against.

The Council, who do own part of FF agreed some time back they would sell their piece of the land to RM once he was ready to go.

We dont need to own them, Sainsbury are building there, surely they can and will take care of that.

I think Sainsburys still have to do the deal with Prospects and a few others but have held back because of the final planning being past. In 90 days if nobody objects to the Councils decision then they will. RM is in the same place I would say, once/if planning goes through he will have all the guarantees released on the land etc and will not have to pay any monies back on the loans he took out against them with Sainsbury's, they will just knock them off the final sale figure.If (Ha) he owes others he will then have other parcels of land back which are not part of RH to raise extra cash against.

The Council, who do own part of FF agreed some time back they would sell their piece of the land to RM once he was ready to go.

Thank you Cricko thats answered a few questions for me, still have alarm bells clanging in my head about monies owed to others though.

Great news :- According to today's Echo poker playing Ron has put his cards down on the table and has now agreed to pay £1 million up front to the council.
According to him work should start this summer. :happy:

Wonderful News. Let us hope we do see a start under sunny skies!

Has our chairman being reading your comments about this on the Zone?

Back