• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Police national computer/ CRB checks.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Has anyone been through one of these type of background checks?

I have been offered a new job and am concerned that a night in Rayleigh nick nearly 20 years ago following some drunken hi-jinks may come back to bite me in the backside.

I have a letter from the OB saying no information is held about me on the Police National Computer which I had to obtain when applying for a US work visa but I have read that CRB checks may also show up spent cautions and the like.

Has anyone been through one of these type of background checks?

I have been offered a new job and am concerned that a night in Rayleigh nick nearly 20 years ago following some drunken hi-jinks may come back to bite me in the backside.

I have a letter from the OB saying no information is held about me on the Police National Computer which I had to obtain when applying for a US work visa but I have read that CRB checks may also show up spent cautions and the like.

Convictions are wiped clean after a certain period. In anycase there aren't too many employers who are going to be too bothered about what you did 20 years ago. The worst that will happen is that they will think twice before inviting you to the office Christmas party.

Convictions are wiped clean after a certain period. In anycase there aren't too many employers who are going to be too bothered about what you did 20 years ago. The worst that will happen is that they will think twice before inviting you to the office Christmas party.

This particular organisation are apparantly serious about their background checks.

then as long as your references say the same thing you say, you'll be OK.

Yeah but I have read that 'spent' cautions still remain on your record and may be released at the discretion of a chief officer during a CRB.

I can't imagine they'd release details of a minor altercation that happened 20 years ago for a standard employer CRB. If you'd punched a child and were applying for an assistant daycare nurse role, then possibly...

This particular organisation are apparantly serious about their background checks.

I'm sure every organisation says that.

Unless this was an incident in a Bootle shopping centre/adjoining canal from nearly 20 years ago, I really can't see it being an issue if you've kept your nose clean for the best part of two decades since.

Yeah but I have read that 'spent' cautions still remain on your record and may be released at the discretion of a chief officer during a CRB.

I was told (when I got one for D&D as a student) that cautions disappear off your record after two or three years and can't come back to bite you.

The boys in The Wire used to say that there are only two days you do in a prison sentence; the first and the last. In the case of my four hour stretch in Reading nick, they were one and the same.

Just had a enhanced crb for a new job that took 8 weeks to come back and showed no signs of high jinks back in the late 90's.

Reckon you will be fine. Worst case you dont get the job

Someone I know who shall remain nameless had a bit of high jinx in his early days and it never seems to have caused him any problems so I am sure you will be fine Cyril.

We carry them out on some of our employees at work. They can show up old offences from way back but as long as its not an unspent conviction it shouldn't matter.

Turns out the criminal part of the background checks does not cover cautions so I should be OK.

All I have to worry about now is piecing together my fragmented educational background which is starting to read like a Carlos the Jackal biography.

Back