• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Police Speed Guns

Yellow Army

Members
Was admitadly a wee bit of the speed limit down Pritterwell chase just now like maybe a few mph......notice a police car sitting in the driving test center and slowed down....as i went past him with his laser gun I looked at my dash and it said 31/32ish mph........how far up the road do they clock you?....and do you get any percentage of speed allowance. I've only been driving a little while and seen lots of mis conceptions online so wondering If anyone could clear this up for me.

I think you can go 10% over the speed limit. If you are doing 31-32mph on a 30 then I wouldn't worry.
You could always buy a road angel which tells you where the speed cameras and speed trap areas are.

We have a cop on our footie team over here and he said the gun can get you about 1/4 of a mile away.As for the speed limit it is the cops discretion, if you are doing twice the speed limit you can lose your licence on the spot

Should be ok, unlike my other half doing 39 in a 30 down Pound Lane on 1st September. Tried to palm it off on me as he was sure it wasn't him, until he was finally convinced I was back at work that day ALL day, and that he had actually gone to Basildon that day to get some new hair clippers as he'd only cut half his head the day before when the old ones packed up! Then he says I'll have to start taking some as that's his 2nd in the last year - cheek!

Was admitadly a wee bit of the speed limit down Pritterwell chase just now like maybe a few mph......notice a police car sitting in the driving test center and slowed down....as i went past him with his laser gun I looked at my dash and it said 31/32ish mph........how far up the road do they clock you?....and do you get any percentage of speed allowance. I've only been driving a little while and seen lots of mis conceptions online so wondering If anyone could clear this up for me.

Most car speedometers will be a couple of miles an hour out at that speed anyway. As someone has said, it's at the officer's discretion and usually if they see you've made an attempt to slow down they won't book you.

When I was done for speeding a few years ago, the copper said they'll pull people over if they were caught exceeding 35 in a 30.

Ask to see the calibration certificate for the speed camera for that day. They wil need to prove that it was calibrated correctly and not showing a false reading.

Ask to see the calibration certificate for the speed camera for that day. They wil need to prove that it was calibrated correctly and not showing a false reading.

It's too late for science. If he was really going up to 32 mph in a 30 mph zone then he is well and truly banged to rights. He should go to a police station and hold his hands up to it - they'll be looking for him soon enough anyway.....

Back