• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Police to get 10,000 more Taser stun guns

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Tens of thousands of police officers across England and Wales are to be allowed to use high-voltage Taser stun guns.

Funding will be provided for police chiefs to buy an extra 10,000 of the weapons (at a cost of £8M) which are designed to temporarily disable a suspect after a year-long trial in 10 police forces.

Tasers have only been used 93 times in the more than 600 occasions they had been deployed over the last year.

The weapons temporarily disable a suspect by firing two barbed darts trailing electric wires. Human rights groups oppose their widespread use because they have been linked with dozens of deaths in the United States and Canada.

Human rights group Amnesty International said it was concerned officers would not receive sufficient training in the handling and use of the weapons.

According to research over 320 people had died after being hit by a Taser in the United States since 2001

Last edited:
Tens of thousands of police officers across England and Wales are to be allowed to use high-voltage Taser stun guns.

Funding will be provided for police chiefs to buy an extra 10,000 of the weapons (at a cost of £8M) which are designed to temporarily disable a suspect after a year-long trial in 10 police forces.

Tasers have only been used 93 times in the more than 600 occasions they had been deployed over the last year.

The weapons temporarily disable a suspect by firing two barbed darts trailing electric wires. Human rights groups oppose their widespread use because they have been linked with dozens of deaths in the United States and Canada.

Human rights group Amnesty International said it was concerned officers would not receive sufficient training in the handling and use of the weapons.

According to research over 320 people had died after being hit by a Taser in the United States since 2001

Quite simple really dont break the law and you have nothing to worry about and if you are innocent and get tasered you will claim decent compo.

Quite simple really dont break the law and you have nothing to worry about and if you are innocent and get tasered you will claim decent compo.

If you happen to be of a NON-White back ground and find yourself in Stockwell Tube station.....

Where will they send the Compo Cheque??

Quality, I love these things. There used to be some hilarious videos on YouTube from America, particularly the woman who gets stopped for speeding, but won't get off her phone.

You see my point though.......just because you have done nothing wrong does not mean that you won't get tasered

Sadly mate these things will happen in reference to tasers.

We cannot expect police officers to fight crazed villains with truncheons.

The guy i know who is a copper is dressed like robocop with body armour ect.

How did we allow this is beyond me,Coppers should be protected and anyone assaulting/murdering should pay a very high price.

I know I've got a few screws loose, and some would describe me as crazy, but I'd love to be tasered. I'd rather not be arrested afterwards, but I really would love to be stunned. And have someone film it.

I know I've got a few screws loose, and some would describe me as crazy, but I'd love to be tasered. I'd rather not be arrested afterwards, but I really would love to be stunned. And have someone film it.

You are officially bonkers mate

Does anyone know if neighbourhood watch co-ordinators will be receiving tasers?

It is getting harder to keep the streets of South Benfleet clean.

Last edited:
You see my point though.......just because you have done nothing wrong does not mean that you won't get tasered

But if you are told to stop and you keep running, you get what you deserve, dont you?

I think it would be a good idea if the police offered an amnesty whereby youths could exchange a gun or a knife for a taser.

That way the kids would be free to continue with their gang activity but instead shootining/stabbing anyone who disrespected them they could use the taser instead.

The perpetrator would still make his point but instead of the victim being dead they would only exhibit similar symptoms to somone who had received a severe Chinese burn or dead leg.

I was going to say that's good to hear, but if 320 people have died from it then clearly there's something wrong with them. Stay away from them I'd have thought.

I think it would be a good idea if the police offered an amnesty whereby youths could exchange a gun or a knife for a taser.

That way the kids would be free to continue with their gang activity but instead shootining/stabbing anyone who disrespected them they could use the taser instead.

The perpetrator would still make his point but instead of the victim being dead they would only exhibit similar symptoms to somone who had received a severe Chinese burn or dead leg.

Good idea MC....the only draw back I can see with that is that currently it is the minority of Yoofys who are prepared to shoot or stab someone but if they had tasers and knew that there was little if any chance of killing or seriously wounding their victim then more of the feral Yoofys would be prepared to use them.

Good idea MC....the only draw back I can see with that is that currently it is the minority of Yoofys who are prepared to shoot or stab someone but if they had tasers and knew that there was little if any chance of killing or seriously wounding their victim then more of the feral Yoofys would be prepared to use them.

I would argue that it is better to be regularly tased than occasionally stabbed.

I would argue that it is better to be regularly tased than occasionally stabbed.

You may have a point but i am sure that the amnesty would not un-earth all of the guns and knives. And then the fear would be that the now higher number of Yoofs using the Tasers might then feel that they are brave enough to move back on to guns and knives.

Back