• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Political Correctness. What gets you back up?

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Prisoners who do half a sentence because they have behaved well. Since when did you go to prison to behave well. What a joke.

Hmmm the one I detest is being forced to 'for go' celebrations for festivals as it may 'upset' other cultures.

Now that ****es me off especially as in the majority of these cases the people who have make the decision to scrap the festivities do not even represent the culture which will be 'upset'.

Last edited:
Immigrants living in Stratford council houses that have now been given 40k to move to make way for the olympics and given another house in the London borough of there choice. Lots of mercedes driving wronguns where my dad lives(Elm park)

Human rights! The bane of our legal system. Why should criminals, thugs and vandals have more "right" to human rights than the law abiding citizen?

Blackboards.

It's a board. And it's black. If I mention that I wish to write something on it with chalk, it does not mean that I support any campaign to bring back slavery.

When you can't desribe a different race....but saying what they look like without being called a racist !

A few years ago, I did some work as a consultant. One particular day, I needed to spend some time working with a chap I'd never seen before. They advised me that he could be found on the first floor. So off I went.

On the first floor, there must have been 30-40 people, so I asked someone where I could find him. The conversation went something like this:

"Hi, can you tell me where I can find Mr X"
"Yes, of course, he works down there, near the photocopier"
"Great, thanks. What does he look like?"
"Oh, he's errrr, quite tall. Hmmm, and he's wearing a dark gray suit. Oh, yes uhmmm, he's got black curly hair..."

I think you know the rest.

He was the only black fella on the floor.

:thump:

The rule that companies have to employ a certain number of ethnic,disabled, transvestites etc. Why cant you just employ who you like and do Curry houses have to stick to this rule?

re the MOBOs, it could be argued that all music derived from African music.

The point was the awards are meant to encompass soul, R&B and so on. The name used was wrong, but the concept is fine. In fact Joss Stone won an award recently.

A MOWO would be very dull - maybe Country and Western and whining indie boys and some metal?

re the MOBOs, it could be argued that all music derived from African music.

The point was the awards are meant to encompass soul, R&B and so on. The name used was wrong, but the concept is fine. In fact Joss Stone won an award recently.

A MOWO would be very dull - maybe Country and Western and whining indie boys and some metal?

Why does it have to be to celebrate a colour? When I was at LTSB there we used to sponsor the Asian Womens awards? Why the **** do they get an awards ceremony and yet if I ran the White Blokes awards I would get frowned upon. WRONG.....

Reverse racism never being punished.
How is it fine for us to have to tread on eggshells (see all points mentioned above) but if your average afro-caribbean/asian/indo-china person was to do similar it goes un-noticed.

Schools now having to switch language to Erdu/Polish etc to cope with the heavy influx of immigrant children. Er, no, sorry. You are at school in the United Kingdom, we speak ENGLISH, therefore so should you!

Why does it have to be to celebrate a colour? When I was at LTSB there we used to sponsor the Asian Womens awards? Why the **** do they get an awards ceremony and yet if I ran the White Blokes awards I would get frowned upon. WRONG.....

It's not wrong, and the MOBOs doesnt celebrate a colour, it celebrates genres of music.

From your example, Asian women get little recognition, in fact to become a businesswoman from an Asian perspective is an achievement in itself as they are expected to settle down and raise a family. So this is an example of positive reinforcement, not racism against white people.

We don't recognise as white men, how much we take for granted.

Anyone who believes politcal correctness is a government conspiracy to turn the UK into an Islamic state/Polish satellite/ etc. etc.

it's also odd when people refer to anything they perceive as being too liberal as 'political correctness' when often it's got nothing to do with it. there's definitely an argument to be had about, say, prison sentencing policy- but this isn't about political correctness (which is more to do with people's use of language).

SBH's example is a top one of the backwards way of thinking people sometimes get into out of fear of being offensive though- avoiding calling somebody black is a bit of a joke and probably more likely to cause offence to the guy involved.

When my Missus was at Uni a few years ago, the whole campus was sent a letter telling them that they were not allowed to put out St George flags during the World Cup (2002 I think it was) because that could offend foreign students!

Argh!

it's also odd when people refer to anything they perceive as being too liberal as 'political correctness' when often it's got nothing to do with it. there's definitely an argument to be had about, say, prison sentencing policy- but this isn't about political correctness (which is more to do with people's use of language).

Interesting point that. My polictics is a bit rusty but how would you define the actions of say banning the display of St George crosses etc. Id probably fall into the trap of saying it was loony lefties / liberals protecting the interests of the minorities etc....but surely liberals is all about personal freedom...is protecting a minorities 'freedom' (as far as being offended by flags is freedom), upholding liberal ideals, yet surely restricting a persons choice (ie the wannabe flag wavers) is completely the opposite of liberalism. Also, why did this whole flag banning start? Did anyone actually complain or was it just a case of the decision makers being over sensitive and thinking they know best?

Back