• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor Johnny

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/7645265.stm

May 2008: Shoulder operation. Misses England tour to NZ
Sep 2007: Twists ankle. Misses first game of RWC
Nov 2006: Suffers kidney damage. One month on sidelines
Sep 2006: Knee ligament injury. Misses autumn Tests
Jan 2006: Torn abductor muscle
Nov 2005: Groin operation
Sep 2005: Appendix operation. Misses early season
Jul 2005: Shoulder injury v NZ. Misses third Lions Test
Mar 2005: Injures same left knee on comeback
Jan 2005: Knee ligament damage. Two months out
Oct 2004: Haematoma in right arm. Misses autumn Tests
Feb 2004: Shoulder operation. Misses Six Nations
Dec 2003: Fractured facet in shoulder.

Poor guy. It pains me to say it but I'm not sure we'll ever see Johnny back to his best playing in an England shirt. Anything's possible, especially with his resilience and strength of mind, but with the frequency and seriousness of his injuries, but he's just not getting enough games at the moment. :(

Of more relevance to England, Danny Cipriani is back from injury.

I'd trade an injury for Wilkinson for a fit Cipriani.

Of more relevance to England, Danny Cipriani is back from injury.

Got to agree with you there Yorkshire...The jonny we saw playing circa 2003 is long gone influencial wise, and rugby has moved on now with the more attacking talents of cipriani and flood being the way forward. Still an amazing player though and would welcome him down at warners bridge to play for Southend RFC ;)

Surely it's time for him to call it a day, he must be doing himself some serious long term damage. It's not like it's a recurring injury, his body is clearly not strong enough for the game.

Makes you wonder how he made it through the whole of WC 2003 unscathed!

That has always been his main problem, a reletive small man with big man mentality. He could never ever not give 100% in a tackle no matter who was in front of him, a wonderful player in his prime but too bloody brave for his own good.

Surely it's time for him to call it a day, he must be doing himself some serious long term damage. It's not like it's a recurring injury, his body is clearly not strong enough for the game.

Makes you wonder how he made it through the whole of WC 2003 unscathed!

IIRC he didn't and he played through injury.

So would I but I just hope Wasps aren't rushing him back too soon before he is fully fit as he's apparently supposed to make their squad to play Bath tonight. He's only young and it would be a shame to wreck such a promising prospect before he's really arrived on the big stage. Still, Wasps are a professional setup so I'm sure they'll have his rehabilitation mapped out properly.

Back