• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 is correct.

It has to be 5 players from the previous first team match or 5 of the players who have played the most minutes in the first team. I don't think it matters if they don't play the following match. It's taken from the previous game. I'm also not sure if that means the previous league match or FA Cup match and what the rule is regarding players who are injured or on International duty since the previous match.

I think the 6 being mentioned, is the number of under 21's who have to be in the U21 line-ups.

The 5 last night must have been : Thompson, Cox, Fortune and then Barrett, McGlashan under the substantial minutes rule. Unless we got dispensation for Demetriou or chose to break the rules. In which case, if the latter, why not go the whole way and make 11 changes.

Edit : It's 5 who started the previous league match or 5 of the top 11 players appearance wise, so the above 5 will be the ones and we played within the rules, before bending them slightly when Cox went off.

I believe you were one of the fans talking to AB near reception before the Orient match about the rules. Did he not say something about the next match being part of the rules, something to do with injuries. Either way he definitely mentioned six players.

I believe you were one of the fans talking to AB near reception before the Orient match about the rules. Did he not say something about the next match being part of the rules, something to do with injuries. Either way he definitely mentioned six players.

ahhh you relied on hearsay then:hilarious:

While it feels unnatural, unnerving and more than a little naughty to agree with MrsBlue on anything, it is hard to disagree that Williams should at least have been given a game last night. I couldn't see anything to be lost from doing that, and there were only possible (if unlikely) upsides.

Now everyone knows, Williams especially, that he is not in contention at all and is only still here because of lack of other options. For his own sake I really hope he finds someone else to give him a chance.

I know you avoided the question earlier but was is your point about the 5 or 6 players.

Easy,

The man could have rested 6 first team players ,then introduced 3 subs as and when,in short he snubbed Williams who hasn't IMO had a fair crack,now if Cox or Fortune collect knocks what will he do then.

I don't remember that! :smile::winking:

I've never been sure on the original rules, as even the Checkatrade Trophy webpage refers to last season's rules and is not specific, so I researched it deeper and read up on the current ruling and it is definitely 5 players, which makes sense, as we only had 5 in that category last night. The other six being : Smith, White, Kyprianou, Timlin, King and O'Neill.

The rules are nuts, anyway and it's noticeable that many managers are now complaining about them, including three fielding sides tonight.

Riggers telling porkies again,well I never:winking:

Whatever next, I'll be claiming players are earning £6,000 per week at Southend or trying to make out I was actually at the game instead of on my sofa.

Whatever next, I'll be claiming players are earning £6,000 per week at Southend or trying to make out I was actually at the game instead of on my sofa.

Pick on me Riggers but leave my sofa out of it:winking:

I know you avoided the question earlier but was is your point about the 5 or 6 players.

You know all about avoided questions and facts that are not facts so work it out yourself.

Hmmm Hooper had plenty of minutes here and went on to greater things,Kightly never even had a chance here yet went onto better things.

I can see JW doing exactly the same.

I'm sure there was a disappointed looking Real Madrid scout at the Stevenage game; after realising JW wasn't playing...

Then again, that could be a complete lie:smile:

JW's playing time in full

On average Phil gave him EIGHT MINUTES per game...harsh treatment toward a young player IMHO .
you reap what you sow....has not earned the right for more.....

Why give him another contract then ?,be honest Phil's judgement on forwards has been shocking,has he made another error when Williams leaves.

Wow something we we can agree on.....PB's judgement on forwards...or rather a forward, and that's being generous. I feel for the lad, really I do, but he is way way out of his depth in this league, and PB has wasted a year or two where he could have been playing for Canvey or the like.

Back