• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor quality Christmas Lights

Right that's IT!!!
After buying 3 sets of Xmas lights for outside last year and taking them all back to Tesco as they didn't even survive being put up (that's quite a HIGH quality Made in China product, not!!!) I thought this year I would both be prepared by buying a set now while there are still stocks and also get them from a so-called more reputable source, e.g. Homebase.

What's happened. Get them out of the box and only half work. AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

I don't profess to be electrically minded but it shouldn't be that difficult for Shanghai's friendly neighbourhood sweatshop to bang out a reliable set of bleedin fairy lights. Anybody got any suggestions to try & fix the poxy things before I take them back?

Right that's IT!!!
After buying 3 sets of Xmas lights for outside last year and taking them all back to Tesco as they didn't even survive being put up (that's quite a HIGH quality Made in China product, not!!!) I thought this year I would both be prepared by buying a set now while there are still stocks and also get them from a so-called more reputable source, e.g. Homebase.

What's happened. Get them out of the box and only half work. AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

I don't profess to be electrically minded but it shouldn't be that difficult for Shanghai's friendly neighbourhood sweatshop to bang out a reliable set of bleedin fairy lights. Anybody got any suggestions to try & fix the poxy things before I take them back?

Yeah Rich, borrow my "other" half, I buy them year on year on year, and he just refuses to put them up - works every time.

Bought a set of musical christmas lights about 18 years ago from a newspaper offer . The lights were fine but the music was all chinese not a christmas carol or tune to be had. Was quite upset when they broke as they were a christmas tradition everyone who came round was forced to listen to the lights

Bought a set of musical christmas lights about 18 years ago from a newspaper offer . The lights were fine but the music was all chinese not a christmas carol or tune to be had. Was quite upset when they broke as they were a christmas tradition everyone who came round was forced to listen to the lights

Sounds very wrong somehow!

Sounds truly awesome!

Back