• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pops 24/4

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Willy Westcarr - 21 yo, BT Rating=43,548
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Dannie Seager - 17 yo, BT Rating=16,117
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

9. Daren Cliffe - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,582 shortcut
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has competent batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: feeble

19. Josh Hamilton - 18 yo, BT Rating=26,496 shortcut
RH batsman, RH Spin bowler. He is a cautious player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Batting: remarkable Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: competent

Nigel Williams - 21 yo, BT Rating=44,498
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: respectable

plenty of XP pops round the squad as well

Forgot to add this little gem currently on 2 bowl 1 field. Do I now drop a bowling net or keep it going for a few weeks ? I don't need the net elsewhere especially though I could swap it for a stamina net for him. Been held back for a bit on the playing front but will be unleashed next season and may even turn into my wrist spinner.

Afaq Lakhani - 19 yo, BT Rating=38,056
RH batsman, RH Spin bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: quality
Fielding: feeble

I'd say put him down to 1 bowl 1 field 1 stamina. He still wont be able to play much next season due to his low fitness and being on 3 nets!

Matt Zamora - 19 yo, BT Rating=35,621
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a destructive player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Batting: superb Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: competent

Ormando, Graham below is now on one bowling net. That should see him through to masterful by the time he'd 23 so I would do the same. Also, unless you specifically want his fielding to go higher you can probably drop the fielding net as if you're single netting the primary then his secondary will naturally catch up as he gets older. Maybe take his fielding to next pop. Definitely need the stamina though.

Good week for me, Digana pops after 5 or 6 weeks of buying, even earlier than I thought which is a massive bonus as it frees up a net for a batsman next season. Whitters pops after two weeks of stamina training and the secondary took 5 weeks. Will drop his fielding net at next fielding pop and put him on a single bowling net as he was only ever bought as a back up and future sale player. Graham motors on.

Brian Graham - 19 yo, BT Rating=73,337
LH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: strong
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: proficient

Fazlul Digana - 22 yo, BT Rating=134,094
RH batsman, LM bowler. He is an attacking player with worthless leadership skills and strong experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: miraculous Consistency: masterful
Fielding: superb

12. Ciaran Whitmarsh - 17 yo, BT Rating=12,137
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, woeful bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: strong
Fielding: woeful

More Stamina pops, and a plop...

Simon Downing - 21 yo, BT Rating=46,012
RH batsman, LFM bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and lively fitness.
Batting: wonderful Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless

Phillip Evelyn - 27 yo, BT Rating=119,512
RH batsman, RH Spin bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and phenomenal experience.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: exquisite Concentration: masterful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent

Jermain Lester - 34 yo, BT Rating=6,788
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and exceptional experience.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre

Marc Baxter - 17 yo, BT Rating=13,162 shortcut
LH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

And three XP pops.

Phillip Evelyn - 27 yo, BT Rating=119,512
RH batsman, RH Spin bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and phenomenal experience.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: exquisite Concentration: masterful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Interesting that you've taken a batsman to superb*, I as a rule work to maximum of:

All Rounders - Superb*
Bowlers - Superb
Batsmen - Strong/Proficient

I find batsmen don't lose fitness often enough to utilise the minor benefit that getting to superb* gives. I guess it gives the player more longetivity in the game but I always sell before they start plopping anyway.

MrB said:
Interesting that you've taken a batsman to superb*, I as a rule work to maximum of:

All Rounders - Superb*
Bowlers - Superb
Batsmen - Strong/Proficient

I find batsmen don't lose fitness often enough to utilise the minor benefit that getting to superb* gives. I guess it gives the player more longetivity in the game but I always sell before they start plopping anyway.
I had spare nets at the end of the season. Also, I'm trying to get my main players as high as possible. With Evelyn, it's quite possible he could score 2 hundreds in a FC game, and the get another one in OD on the Friday. That just kills him, so it makes sense to try and get his Stamina as high as possible to nullify those occasions. Especially as I haven't got that deep a squad.

Mind you, with double relegation, hopefully he won't need to play every game next season ....

I had spare nets at the end of the season. Also, I'm trying to get my main players as high as possible. With Evelyn, it's quite possible he could score 2 hundreds in a FC game, and the get another one in OD on the Friday. That just kills him, so it makes sense to try and get his Stamina as high as possible to nullify those occasions. Especially as I haven't got that deep a squad.

Mind you, with double relegation, hopefully he won't need to play every game next season ....
Yeah I guess so, my batsmen never score that many runs, I'm lucky to get one hundred between the lot of them across three innings, let alone one player scoring more than one!!

Back