• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Port Vale 5-1 Southend United

I’ve supported Southend for 41 yrs, there have been many highs & many more lows. But what we witnessed today, bottom of L2 & losing 5-1 to a team that we thought we had a chance to beat has to be the lowest point ever. It’s gut wrenching, heartbreaking & desperately sad And totally embarrassing. Never felt this low.

MM do yourself a favour and us supporters ,STOP FRIGGING TINKERING WITH DIFFERENT FORMATIONS .Take a tip from me mate go with and stay with for the rest of the season a 4-2 -3 1 system forget the 5 at the back mate it dont work ,cant you see that. ,you have the players for a 4 -2-3-1 go with it.. I think the 5 at back was tried by one of your predecessors and he lost his job is that the way you want to go .

Ranger probably would (and it's mainly his influence off the field that makes me hesitant) but if you think Mohsni would be an upgrade you need to stop living in the past, the Barnet fans thought he was awful. The Mohsni that used to play for us doesn't exist anymore, he's 33 years old now. The last thing we need is another aging player that is past his prime.

Be fun though.

If we’re going down, which appears to be almost certain, let’s go down fighting.

I’m also warming to the idea of putting Macca in charge.....

Last edited:
It would be understandable to collapse into melodramatic despair but surely it's healthier and happier to put today's sh*tshow behind us and focus on the future. This team performed well in December and it can do so again. Our next opponents Walsall are eminently beatable - we've done it already - while Barrow and Grimsby face sterner tests. Our situation is precarious but it isn't terminal yet. MM and the players need to get their act together quickly. Forget all the 5 at the back stuff and return to what worked well on December. For all our sakes.

I've been moaning all night and been told to shut up and I just know when I wake in the morning the first thing I will think off is that first half which, after 58 years of supporting SUFC, happens to be the worst 45 minutes of football I have ever bloody witnessed. I am so ****ed off, supporting your club should not make you feel like this.

I've been moaning all night and been told to shut up and I just know when I wake in the morning the first thing I will think off is that first half which, after 58 years of supporting SUFC, happens to be the worst 45 minutes of football I have ever bloody witnessed. I am so ****ed off, supporting your club should not make you feel like this.

Relax, we’re on an upwards graph.

Zoom out.

The day relegation to the National League was confirmed - there’s no coming back from this.

Set up to fail from the start with the negative team selection and system - we just surrendered against a side whose only victory in their last however many games was against equally pathetic Grimsby. A real bunch of no hopers including the management team.

One shot on target - just for a change it went in. I wonder if he regrets joining us yet.
Still 60 points to play for! We have 20 and 81 will get u promoted!! We are half way through the season and can still get out of this.

Why didnt mm start Ferguson? He should be sacked for that piece of bad management alone! That goal was amazing !! How could he not start him makes no sense at all

Why didnt mm start Ferguson? He should be sacked for that piece of bad management alone! That goal was amazing !! How could he not start him makes no sense at all

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Would you start a player you've yet to see play over what you know? Very unlikely

Would you start a player you've yet to see play over what you know? Very unlikely
Yes!! As the players who started the 4 previous games have been poor and that's exactly why he was signed! And we lost all 4 of those games.Very bad management!!

Demi collects his 7th yellow , unnecessarily for chirping yet again, described by their commentators as a "nasty niggly little player"
Exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago and got the, leave him alone stuff.......and he had a shocker today, slow and not good enough....shame it wasn’t a red!

It would have been short odds that he would have performed better than Demi, who wouldn’t?

You said ‘absolutely this’ to someone that was suggesting it though..
No he didn’t - I wasn’t suggesting it either. Try reading all the posts before getting on your high horse. I don’t think anyone here wants to see MM abused on any platform, he’s a decent man trying his best but unfortunately it’s not working out and a change is needed if we are to have any hope of staying in the football league. It’s really that simple....

Embarrassingly inept display both by the players and the management. I can't believe we wouldn't have set up with Hart and Clifford on the left to try and combat David Worrall, who John White must surely have warned Molsely about.

It really looked like none of them wanted to be out there, enforced substitutions, and then finishing with 10 men as we'd used all our sub opportunities.

It's a stubbornness in picking three central defenders and two supposed wing backs that gets me, it's like the "playing the ball out from the back" thing all over again. Results have gone backwards since using this formation.

I don't think it's just Egbri we're missing (though I have said this for the last two or three games) but Olayinka as well - his movement gave Akinola link up play and space, and both Egbri and Olayinka have the ability and some creativity that seems is missing in our midfield at present. Results definitely seem to have gone against us since these two have been missing.

Amazing to think how joyous it was being back in the ground not that many weeks ago and seeing two home wins on the bounce and a real upturn in form, players feeling the fan love and playing accordingly. It's all been forgotten.

I feared that the Molesley team was too inexperienced, and so it seems to be.

Things have to change this week if we are to stand even the slightest chance of not slipping out of the league altogether.

Back