• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpled

Director⭐
No ratings just a sort of summary.
I thought Collis did very well today, Daryll will have to really work hard to get in again anytime soon. He claimed pretty much everything and made some crucial saves and he probably earnt us the win today, great save from a harslety header.
Much imporved performance from Lewis Hunt, shame about the penalty, no arguments there really.
Clarke and Richards are forming a very god partnership, i realised today that Richards isn't slow and i think he will turn out to be a very good buy.
Typical Barrett performance, didn't offer much going forward but was very solid.
Bailey was not as effectual as he has been, should have scored, should have had a penalty, booked for arguing.
Macca was fairly average, finished a good move well but was booked harshly and never really got going again.
Maher pinged it about as normal and didn't have a bad game at all.
Gower was poor in the first half but much improved after the break, final delivery was lacking though, but that will come.
Clarke did well enough, worked with Eric well and won some good header. Great finish from about 20 yeard curling it into the top corner.
Odhimbo has the makings of a good striker, quick lively and has a good footballing brain. Has the skills and as he gains in fitness and experience he could become a very good player. As he grew in confidence he started to hold the ball up more and if he waited a bit longer on some of his runs he'd have scored. Ran himself to the ground

Subs
Foran is the only one worthy of note (time on pitch), came on, ran about, won some tackles, did well on the right for a bit.

Blue army. We weren't at our best but still created lots of noise, never thought i'd hear a large number of shrimpers shouting Bring on Harrold!

Vale - nice ground, my first visit, nice people, spoke to a programme seller for quite a while and he and his mates seemed like top blokes. Shame they don't have a larger following, obviously losing fans to Stoke etc.

I thought Collis did very well today, Daryll will have to really work hard to get in again anytime soon. He claimed pretty much everything and made some crucial saves and he probably earnt us the win today, great save from a harslety header.
Much imporved performance from Lewis Hunt, shame about the penalty, no arguments there really.
Clarke and Richards are forming a very god partnership, i realised today that Richards isn't slow and i think he will turn out to be a very good buy.
Typical Barrett performance, didn't offer much going forward but was very solid.
Bailey was not as effectual as he has been, should have scored, should have had a penalty, booked for arguing.
Macca was fairly average, finished a good move well but was booked harshly and never really got going again.
Gower was poor in the first half but much improved after the break, final delivery was lacking though, but that will come.
Clarke did well enough, worked with Eric well and won some good header. Great finish from about 20 yeard curling it into the top corner.
Odhimbo has the makings of a good striker, quick lively and has a good footballing brain. Has the skills and as he gains in fitness and experience he could become a very good player. As he grew in confidence he started to hold the ball up more and if he waited a bit longer on some of his runs he'd have scored. Ran himself to the ground

Subs
Foran is the only one worthy of note (time on pitch), came on, ran about, won some tackles, did well on the right for a bit.

Blue army. We weren't at our best but still created lots of noise, never thought i'd hear a large number of shrimpers shouting Bring on Harrold!

Vale - nice ground, my first visit, nice people, spoke to a programme seller for quite a while and he and his mates seemed like top blokes. Shame they don't have a larger following, obviously losing fans to Stoke etc.

I'd agree with all of that bar the stuff on Lewis Hunt. I still thought he was poor today, better than last week but still not great. He's getting caught out of position so many times that sooner or later we're gonna get punished.

eric is young and conciquently he's touches were a little naive at times, BUT despite that, he was a breath of fresh air i thought - pace to aim passes at and an air of inate quality harrold just doesnt have. what i difference it makes having a quick striker on the pitch

thought it was a harsh pen

so pleased gower's back. dot believe he was poor in the first half, but he's second half perfomance was an improvement on the first. his movement and skill is a pleasure to watch, and im my opinion, is one of the most under-rated players in the lower leagues(im, not saying this as a result of todays performance, far from it, but ive thought this for a long time)

another fantastic goal by clarke...........is definitly a little too good for this division when comparing him to the many of the alsoran league one strikers we will see this season.

lastly, luke rogers was better then i remembered - he was suprisingly effective!

Last edited:
A good day out , pre-match fun in the pub with some happy Prittlewell and ex-Pritt lads and a nice stroll back to the ground and a cosy seating arrangement behind the goal , shame all the goals were at the other end.
A faultless display by Collis , shame the same can't be said about the ref who seemed to want Port Vale to win , some of his decisions were dodgy to say the least.
Two good finishes , the second came in time added on and straight after a rumpus caused by the Vale big ugly lump of a defender Rocastle who should have been sent off for raising his arm to a Southend player, he got booked and we scored immediately after.
A good turn-out of fans , it's a pity the home fans all stayed at home or went to watch their no1 team Stoke City play.

eric is young and conciquently he's

so pleased gower's back. dot believe he was poor in the first half, but he's second half perfomance was an improvement on the first.

Heard comments about how poor Gower was today as I left the ground and during the game there was some ridiculous cries of "get that w****r off, Tilly!" Very harsh and totally out of order. Where slating Gower all of sudden has come from I don't know.
Gower wasn't at his best in the first half, but still set up the first goal and played in Eric who provided the assist for Macca to score the second...I'll take that every week!!!!

Reading these comments has made me realise that maybe I don't actually remember muchy about the game at all. I have very little recollection of Gower being on the pitch at all.
And I missed the 2nd goal.
Oh well, cracking day out.

I'd agree with all of that bar the stuff on Lewis Hunt. I still thought he was poor today, better than last week but still not great. He's getting caught out of position so many times that sooner or later we're gonna get punished.

I thought Hunt had a much better game then last week! Didn't really do that much wrong to be fair to him. He was Woeful last week but yesturday i thought he played quite well.

I thought Hunt had a much better game then last week! Didn't really do that much wrong to be fair to him. He was Woeful last week but yesturday i thought he played quite well.

He was better but still not great. The second half it was more difficult to tell but I dont think he did a lot wrong. But first half down our end he was caught out of position a number of times leaving their winger free.

Another cracking away day out in the memory bank. See your mates, good pre-match session, half-decent away following, away win, laughable after-match confrontation with some disgruntled locals, spot kids playing on a trampoline on the roof of the Vine, stop-off at a chippy and decent pub on the way back, 3 points in the bag.

That, I'm afraid, is the best summary I can come up with. Although some locals did, apparently, mistake "McNasty" written on the back of the venerable gentlemen's shirt as identity of the leader of Southend's "firm". Yep, prolonged exposure to Burslem can do that to you.

That, I'm afraid, is the best summary I can come up with. Although some locals did, apparently, mistake "McNasty" written on the back of the venerable gentlemen's shirt as identity of the leader of Southend's "firm". Yep, prolonged exposure to Burslem can do that to you.

That has made my day :hilarious: :hilarious:

I had to laugh at the numpty vale chav running after one of the supporters coaches after the match while his mates looked on bemused. :hilarious:

On a better note, on the way back from Vale Park yesterday we stopped at Leicester East services, where there were a few Saints fans on their way back from Sheffield, who asked how we were doing and were following our results, obviously as a knock on from the game there in May. Nice to be remembered. lol

I had to laugh at the numpty vale chav running after one of the supporters coaches after the match while his mates looked on bemused. :hilarious:

Lol!

I had a confrontation with another one of there numptys whlist waiting for a taxi to the station outside the ground. His mates could see he was starting to be a bit of a nusiance and promtly called him over. Drunken bad loser lol!

Subs

Nice summary, Collis, P Clarke and Maher where probaly my pick of the Southend players yesterday, with Collis being mom.

I also thought Vale park was quite a nice ground, it was just a shame there fans didn't really make any noise.

The very same chav I had the pleasure of confronting. As everyone knows I'm a very intimidating person at the best of times so the poor lad must have been chilled to the bone when I stood there waiting for him, letting him know what part of the human anatomy he resembled when he finally stood before me, while my 11 year-old son said "Aw, Dad, I wanted to have a go at him."

My reputation obviously preceeded me as he suddenly felt the urge to turn tail and run off. Blimey! I didn't even need the assistance of leader McNasty to rout their firm.

What with that and the trampoline on the roof of the pub it brough a surreal closure to our tour of the Potteries. And a highly amusing one.

The very same chav I had the pleasure of confronting. As everyone knows I'm a very intimidating person at the best of times so the poor lad must have been chilled to the bone when I stood there waiting for him, letting him know what part of the human anatomy he resembled when he finally stood before me, while my 11 year-old son said "Aw, Dad, I wanted to have a go at him."

My reputation obviously preceeded me as he suddenly felt the urge to turn tail and run off. Blimey! I didn't even need the assistance of leader McNasty to rout their firm.

What with that and the trampoline on the roof of the pub it brough a surreal closure to our tour of the Potteries. And a highly amusing one.

and you got to sit near me too!!!

Which made my day entirely. I am forever in your debt. It's an honour to be around such sophistication and decorum. As well as all that lavender soap.

Back