• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Portsmouth 2-0 Southend United

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
4th straight away league loss in a row!

On the upside, sounds like we played pretty well in the second half. We were always going to struggle today - at least 2-0 isn't an embarrassment!

I said this on the match thread, the only reason I can see for Elvis playing left back was to match Lowe's pace and he didn't trust Hendrie to do that.

However, you've now knocked Hendrie's fragile confidence and dented Elvis' momentum, as he had been playing really well at right back for a few games.

Dru's head has been turned big time. Nothing to do with injury.

Two home games now, keep Elvis, White, Moore, Hendrie as the back four.

Actually guys I thought Pompey took their foot off the gas in 2nd half and always looked capable of going up a gear or three.
First half was a shambles from your perspective.
CP played right into our hands and Pompey’s wingers especially Curtis fires so many dangerous crosses into the box.
But it was Lowe who scored.
If I was you the missing players you have can not come back quick enough.
We move on.
Good luck until we go to Roots Hall.
Well done to your travelling fans who had nothing to sing about - literally

SOUTHEND United slumped to a fifth League defeat in six games this afternoon, losing 2-0 at table-topping Portsmouth.

More...

Two home games now, keep Elvis, White, Moore, Hendrie as the back four.

Yep, play that back four and a midfield four and two blokes up top, including Theo, for the next four games and at least get some structure in the side and a system.

Yep, play that back four and a midfield four and two blokes up top, including Theo, for the next four games and at least get some structure in the side and a system.
Agree.. we need some consistency, go back to basics , exactly what was so successful when Powell first become boss. He is doing exactly what brown did.. square pegs in round wholes... just doesn’t work at this level

Yeah, but I bet that person didn't have Elvis at left-back!

In fact, if we had a poll of the entire 'Zone and asked them what formation the back-four should be, I'll wager not one person would have come up with that. Not one!

Oh how we need the transfer window!

Didn’t expect to get anything from this game, baffling line up or not, SCP does not seem to have a plan B to combat the injuries we have suffered.

Not overly disappointed by the result and obviously not surprised. Was taken aback by the line up, particularly the odd back set up, and am wondering what is really going on between CP's ears. I had no problem with SM, Bunn and Cox up top but, unless they start buying tickets in the raffle, we are going to be known as the team with the most powder puff attack in the league. The players have ability up there but no confidence at all.

Woww..., never thought we'd get a downgrade on Tango but we've found him. Yes i know he was one of our best players over the years but his tactics and team selection makes me certain that he could be another Alvin Martin. Couple of blatant errors today, leaving out Hendrie, most people on here agree he has been doing well. Playing crab Hyam, an embarrassment and not fit to lace League two's Michael Timlins boots. Also under his calming management style various players, Mantom, Oxley, Yearwood etc. are all going rapidly backwards.......SCP as a player, unfortunately a Martin, Little, Brown as a manager...!

What is worrying is that any credit people were going to give Powell for changing the back four at half-time, is not deserved. Powell just said on BBC Essex that Turner had a slight hamstring problem, so that forced his hand.

How strange - I read somewhere "That's the 11 I'd have selected"! Oh.
Yep, that was me, why was it strange? You obviously haven't been following my performances in the prediction league.:Moon:

Back