• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Portsmouth 2-0 Southend United

SCP didn't say Hendrie had a niggle. He said he was resting him as he's played a lot of games lately.

I'd love to know how Hendrie felt about being left out.

SCP didn't say Hendrie had a niggle. He said he was resting him as he's played a lot of games lately.

I'd love to know how Hendrie felt about being left out.

Hopefuylly really unhappy and determined to prove the manager wrong.

Yep, I would be if it was me.

You were never dropped from Southend Supporters club on a Sunday morning, so we don't really know :Thumbs up:

Now that could be a thread right up your street.....Where are they now

It was probably after you had played 3 games in a row and were tired.

What was the position re the two fans yesterday who after the second goal took up their flag (fastened to the seats in the corner near the Pompey chavs) and seemingly walked out and left? Unless they had some kind of emergency that was seemingly a bit of a poor effort

If you pay your money you can take your choice. They must have decided that squeezing in an extra visit to the pub before returning home was preferable to seeing us be embarrassed as we were in the first half. Of course we did rather better in the second half and they weren't able to see that, but the pub was probably warm and the beer good so it's up to them. I wouldn't do it though - supporter through thick and thin me (after sixty years of supporting the Shrimpers I've seen much worse.......).

To put it mildly I think you're talking Bollox! Yes we've had injuries, but why play Elvis out of position? He's a young guy who's shown great form over the last three games, yet we shunt him onto his wrong foot today!? What does that say about Hendrie too? CP obviously doesn't trust him. Awful managerial decisions with such a thin squad IMO.
Of course, the best person to ask would be SCP. But you've mentioned one player. Last time I looked there were 10 others in a team. Luv the new spelling of bollocks, by the way.

Did SCP give a post-match interview to BBC Essex after the Pompey game yesterday?

Reason I ask is there's nothing up on BP.Also while I'd normally listen in after the match I had to nip out a bit sharpish yesterday to catch the Catalan derby. :Cry:

It's got nothing to do with players outside of their comfort zone.

Answer me these; why play our best centre back at full back? Why play White and Turner as sole centre backs, when we all know it doesn't work?

I have no issues with Elvis at left back as he did a job their last season, it's the 2 stupid decisions above that are inexcusable
Just a thought: but had we beaten the best side in the division, would you have posted the same thing? If results are everything, then we were never going to get one yesterday with any formation, and please don't reply: we would have stood a better chance. We would stand a better chance of anything with two new forwards.

Of course, the best person to ask would be SCP. But you've mentioned one player. Last time I looked there were 10 others in a team. Luv the new spelling of bollocks, by the way.

LOL, for some reason I thought the swear filter might pick up bollocks! Still think moving your most inexperienced player to an unfamiliar position is baffling.

You do make a fair point with regards to the other ten players, and they have to take some responsibility for the poor performance. However the buck stops with the manager, CP coaches them all week and signed (or re-signed in the case of Oxley, Turner and Cox) the majority of them.

LOL, for some reason I thought the swear filter might pick up bollocks! Still think moving your most inexperienced player to an unfamiliar position is baffling

Both Bollocks and bollox are both swear filter proof for reasons completely baffling to me. It was the same on the old site too. Any way, bollocks to it as it is my favourite swear word when I'm grumpy.

Both goals came down our right side where Moore was playing right back -

This was a bit surprising -

Elvis kept Lowe quiet on the left we were let down by the highly fancied loanee .

I can see exactly why Powell did this as he did not want to expose White to the pace of Connor and preferred Elvis to Hendry on the left ... obviisly Elvis offers more going forward.

Turner own goal was really caused by Ocleys paralysis that sets in when the ball goes in the 6 yard box

The second goal was a Mantom giving them possession and them easing past Moore.

I had Elvis as the MoM -

Second half he put Dieng in front of back four and it looked fine ... Bunn looked heavy legged and Theo added great energy. If we had have got a goal it would have been a good game.

After 75 minutes every called it a day -

I cannot see many workable alternatives to what Powell tried to do ....

As usual there are some unhappy fans but looking ahead to the fixtures a good run can get us up the table.

I wonder if the chairman encouraged Powell to take the checkatrade seriously - that’s the call I cannot understand

I wonder if the chairman encouraged Powell to take the checkatrade seriously - that’s the call I cannot understand

Maybe because the checkatrade carries a financial reward to some degree, whereas win or lose at Pompey, the financial element remains unchanged. We stood a better chance in the Luton game than Pompey to be honest. Just a shame we have drawn them (Pompey) in the cup as well

Did SCP give a post-match interview to BBC Essex after the Pompey game yesterday?

Reason I ask is there's nothing up on BP.Also while I'd normally listen in after the match I had to nip out a bit sharpish yesterday to catch the Catalan derby. :Cry:
CP said that the team competed in the second half but the damage done in the first half plus Turner pulled his hamstring

show
Both goals came down our right side where Moore was playing right back -

This was a bit surprising -

Elvis kept Lowe quiet on the left we were let down by the highly fancied loanee .

I can see exactly why Powell did this as he did not want to expose White to the pace of Connor and preferred Elvis to Hendry on the left ... obviisly Elvis offers more going forward.

Turner own goal was really caused by Ocleys paralysis that sets in when the ball goes in the 6 yard box

The second goal was a Mantom giving them possession and them easing past Moore.

I had Elvis as the MoM -

Second half he put Dieng in front of back four and it looked fine ... Bunn looked heavy legged and Theo added great energy. If we had have got a goal it would have been a good game.

After 75 minutes every called it a day -

I cannot see many workable alternatives to what Powell tried to do ....

As usual there are some unhappy fans but looking ahead to the fixtures a good run can get us up the table.

Rather than blaming Moore, Oxley and even Turner, lets look at their number 11 and the crosses he provided. Not just the goals but with both feet and in just the right areas.

Then of course you need players who are on the move and have some desire to get on the end of them. Pompey achieved that more in the first half than we have all season.

As for the checkatrade. Your right Ron has always wanted a strong side for the knock outs and was not a happy bunny after the Barnsley game. Sometimes the manger of any business has to do what the owner wants.

The days of you nipping anywhere 'a bit sharpish' are long gone.

Back