• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Portsmouth FC 4-1 vSouthend Utd

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Not a lot to say really, well beaten in the end. Reports markings and feedback here chums.

Well in that game up until half time. Failure to take chances cost us again. That said, we find ourselves 2-0 down thanks to one of the worse refereeing decisions I’ve ever seen, the lad is so far offside he didn’t even celebrate knowing that fact. We get ourselves back in to the game and then yet another soft decision goes against us. By now our heads have dropped and we looked every bit of the side as good as bottom with a -31 goal difference. Throughly miserable night again but nothing surprises me anymore. Just can’t wait for this season to end to be honest.

Just depressing as hell now. Hutchinson was a bright spark but that was about it.

Need two new centre backs and a much stronger central midfielder in January. Australian Mantom just ain’t remotely good enough.

End the season now.

The only chance you have of seeing a decent performance this year is at the Hall of Fame evening on 22 Nov - we have 11 Shrimpers due to be there who are all pure quality, including one just confirmed, whose name will be released by the club tomorrow, who was simply just class in his time with us.

Another 4 shipped....

48 goals in 17 games.

The next worst teams in the top 4 divisions have let in 29. Simply abysmmal.

I wander when Sol will get bored and think whether he wants a relegation on his CV.

I just don’t know what to say or think anymore. This is 98 or 2010 all over again times 100.

I would get rid of every first team player, other than those who have come through the ranks and Hopper and rebuild again in the summer.

Although I am sure a few will be contracted beyond 2020!

This group of players are just simply not good enough, not even conference level. Can’t wait to be embarrassed by Dover on Sunday.

So disappointing following the more encouraging performance at Sunderland. We returned to our old habit of giving up as soon as we go a goal down. Dover must be anticipating progressing in the Cup....

Possibly 2 goals that shouldn't have been but that shouldn't hide the fact we completely lost the plot second half. Portsmouth didn't even look good but we put so little effort in second half it was impossible for them to not make chances.

Defence is still s**t but on a positive the football was much better.

Campbell desperately needs the transfer window now, he’s been tasked with Bonds finest recruitment players who couldnt mark their own shadow.. once he can start building the squad his own way this team will thrive

I think we are in desperate in need of wingers, we play a 5-2-1-2 very narrow and rely on our fullbacks in Elvis and Ralph to get forward, they should do but should be supported with over laps etc.. we don’t make the pitch big enough

Defence is still s**t but on a positive the football was much better.

Campbell desperately needs the transfer window now, he’s been tasked with Bonds finest recruitment players who couldnt mark their own shadow.. once he can start building the squad his own way this team will thrive
Problem is by then we will be relegated, So is there any point, might as well wait until the summer and do a complete rebuild as Sturrock had to!

THERE were fireworks off the pitch at Fratton Park tonight but there were none on it for Southend United as the Shrimpers slumped to a miserable 4-1 defeat.

More...

This lot disgust me. The most hated set of players ever. A couple of youngsters are having a go but it’s not an ideal situation for them to be in

The experienced players here are just picking up their money. Ron has killed us by making these guys think they’re good by over paying them

Lennon, Milligan, Cox, Shaughnessy, Ralph, Hyam, Mantom, Dieng, Oxley are ****. We have the highest paid keeper in the league and he can’t get a game because he wears concrete boots

Sol Campbell’s job starts in the summer because this bunch cannot be saved because they don’t wanna be helped

I'm not sure the second goal was offside, but that's beside the point: ask Dieng.

It's OK playing possession, but if you don't hurt sides when you have one chance, that's you, Goodship, then eventually passing it sideways and back and not always confidently, is coming back to bite you.

We got a goal because the keeper made a mistake last seen in Priory Park, and if we don't get men forward how are we going to score?

All of Bond's signings have been hopeless, but we're stuck with them.
When that second Pompey goal went in there wasn't a prayer of getting a result, not even at 2-1.

This squad waits to get beaten every game, and you can see it in their tentative body language.

This lot disgust me.
Sol Campbell’s job starts in the summer because this bunch cannot be saved because they don’t wanna be helped

And it will probably be 2 seasons before they all gel together, & hopefully get promoted ( yet again ).
By which time maybe we will know whether Fossetts will still viable or a dead duck?.
Everything just seems so depressive at the moment, no positive vibes anywhere?.
But hey-ho soon be Christmas, lets pray we have a mega turnaround in fortunes!.

Portsmouth are a poor side who just did us 4-1, and it should have been more. Second half we just capitulated. Again. Our two best players were Elvis and Hutch, and that's based more on their effort than any ability. Dieng was OK and Shagnasty at least attempted to defend.

Milligan and Cox were a waste of a shirt. Ralph had his moments but isn't a L1 defender. Hopper isn't fit. Goodship tries, but is out of his depth.

We were OK in the first half. We looked like a team and did the basics well. Goodship had a good chance saved. We turned off at 40 minutes, gave them a goal before the break and then another afterwards. Game over and it was then just a case of how many.

We had 316 here tonight. It's a tough, tough watch and many will be questioning the time and money we're investing in a group of players who are giving us nothing back.

Portsmouth are a poor side who just did us 4-1, and it should have been more. Second half we just capitulated. Again. Our two best players were Elvis and Hutch, and that's based more on their effort than any ability. Dieng was OK and Shagnasty at least attempted to defend.

Milligan and Cox were a waste of a shirt. Ralph had his moments but isn't a L1 defender. Hopper isn't fit. Goodship tries, but is out of his depth.

We were OK in the first half. We looked like a team and did the basics well. Goodship had a good chance saved. We turned off at 40 minutes, gave them a goal before the break and then another afterwards. Game over and it was then just a case of how many.

We had 316 here tonight. It's a tough, tough watch and many will be questioning the time and money we're investing in a group of players who are giving us nothing back.
Agree with all, save Cox. He had nothing or no-one to feed to or off.
But yeah, 316 is terrific given the effort of 75% of the team.

Back