• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Portsmouth FC 4-1 vSouthend Utd

You clearly suggested above that "poor refereeing" was responsible for our last 10 results.Frankly,I can't remember that far back,which was why I narrowed it down to the last 3.

We nearly got a point at Sunderland.But no way were we in the match against Ipswich (though we kept it to 1-0 for about 60 mins) or last night (though we didn't conceed until the end of the 1st half).

Frankly, the team is nowhere near good enough to survive in L1.Currently I'm worried that Dover could be yet another banana skin game for us.

I think if we're being honest, we are a banana skin for Dover.

We (pompey) are playing badly but slowly improving albeit slowly.
Southend, night before last were the worst Southend side to have ever visited fratton park in my opinion.
There wasn't a single player I'd of taken

Southend, night before last were the worst Southend side to have ever visited fratton park in my opinion.

Honest assessment

Thanks for the feedback @Pompeyinpeace although I think we are already aware of our limitations. Hopefully the next time you play us in April we will offer a bit more competitiveness. You never know, we might even turn you over.

Worst Southend side any of us have seen

nice of you to turn up on here ...

it was actually the first time i had heard a fratton crowd begin to turn on their team and manager .... obv. when we scored you were scared you lot would throw another result,

anyway the ref sorted you out with another stoopid decision to top up the offside goal he gifted you ..

we ended up 5 youth team players on the pitch - and not really threatening you ... but i think its a uninteresting pompey team since lowe left ...

true you are now feeling smug but i think we will be ok in the long run ... not so sure that you will get up this year which is tragic for a club with your support

nice of you to turn up on here ...

it was actually the first time i had heard a fratton crowd begin to turn on their team and manager .... obv. when we scored you were scared you lot would throw another result,

anyway the ref sorted you out with another stoopid decision to top up the offside goal he gifted you ..

we ended up 5 youth team players on the pitch - and not really threatening you ... but i think its a uninteresting pompey team since lowe left ...

true you are now feeling smug but i think we will be ok in the long run ... not so sure that you will get up this year which is tragic for a club with your support

SOUR GRAPES ALERT!

You could start a thread about pompey if you want and I'll give you an I depth report on how the fans feel and what footballers are at the club.
Lowe! Like most wingers, largely inconsistent and replaced by Harness, who is, considered by the fans to be a better all-round player.
Now if you'd said Clarke, then you'd have actually known what you're on about. Alas.

I've always enjoyed watching Southend right back to the days of Collymore being in your side. It's a shame that your team has dropped to this. Bigger teams than you have dropped through that door, my own included.

I hope Sol turns it around but he does have his work cut out doesn't he.

You could start a thread about pompey if you want and I'll give you an I depth report on how the fans feel and what footballers are at the club.
Lowe! Like most wingers, largely inconsistent and replaced by Harness, who is, considered by the fans to be a better all-round player.
Now if you'd said Clarke, then you'd have actually known what you're on about. Alas.

I've always enjoyed watching Southend right back to the days of Collymore being in your side. It's a shame that your team has dropped to this. Bigger teams than you have dropped through that door, my own included.

I hope Sol turns it around but he does have his work cut out doesn't he.

And No, I don't think we are going up. Kenny Jackett is Outdated and his hoofball is a blight on football.

fed up with people - including players - going belly up to ****e refereeing..

this ref made poor decisions that affected the match and I have seen team after team come to RH and spend the game getting in the refs face - faking fouls - faking injury and wasting time ...

it is what it is -

fed up with people - including players - going belly up to ****e refereeing..

this ref made poor decisions that affected the match and I have seen team after team come to RH and spend the game getting in the refs face - faking fouls - faking injury and wasting time ...

it is what it is -
Maybe our players need to be more savvy in that respect. Do the same.

Yes it is.

Regardless of how bad we were the second goal was offside, no debate and the penalty was as soft as you’ll see....arguably softer than the one at tranmere!

'No debate'? Sorry, I thought that's what this forum was for....I'll shut up then. Just out of interest, were you there?

'No debate'? Sorry, I thought that's what this forum was for....I'll shut up then. Just out of interest, were you there?

Yes I was. And I’ve rewatched the goal over and over. It was offside. This isn’t a debate it’s a fact. The ref made an error end of.

What’s your point?

Yes I was. And I’ve rewatched the goal over and over. It was offside. This isn’t a debate it’s a fact. The ref made an error end of.

What’s your point?

Just that I don't agree with you. Neither did the referee, the assistant, or either of the commentators on radio essex. Sorry if you can't handle that, but it's a fact. End of.

Back