• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Portsmouth FC vs Southend United

Hendrie has worked very hard for us.
He is just a weak link at the moment, he is lacking in confidence also - so he doesn’t need me talking ****ttttt about him ha. Because he’s edgy everything looks so unnatural and a struggle but he must have something he was worth money in the past. I don’t normally criticise players. I don’t like doing it because they’re all heroes to me!

Also, Powell has to preserve the players that we have.

I’m pretty sure when we had a fit side we were playing White Turner Moore as a three which is effectively what we were doing today by the looks of the line up. I wasn’t there.

So when we went 2-0 down Powell wanted to change and be a bit more attacking.

3 centre backs against a good side is effectively a back 5 because were forced to sit deep.

Do people forget that there are game plans in football and tactical decisions to be made its not just made up the night before.

UTB

Sorry I don't agree Hendrie is the weak link at the moment, he's actually been doing fine and we certainly didn't go with 3 centre backs today either!

Our weak link is White and Turner as a centre back pairing, but for some reason CP doesn't notice this.

Sorry I don't agree Hendrie is the weak link at the moment, he's actually been doing fine and we certainly didn't go with 3 centre backs today either!

Our weak link is White and Turner as a centre back pairing, but for some reason CP doesn't notice this.

John White has pretty much been our best player in recent weeks - regardless of where he has been playing.

John White has pretty much been our best player in recent weeks - regardless of where he has been playing.

Because he's playing at centre back - doesn't mean he'll be any good a left back, which is a position I don't believe he's played in 2 season's now!!

White and turner at the back together has never been a good partnership, both lack pace and white turns to hoof ball when put under pressure for some reason.

Back