• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Portsmouth FC vs Southend Utd

What's your choice for Saturday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
And off we go again. Portsmouth this time, piece of ****, we'll win on penalties in extra time, we're good at that. Anyway, normal stuff please. Team selection, opinions, will Dru play? will McCoulsky ever play, why does Theo play, the list is endless.

whack it all down here chums.

Poll coming later, got to go out. Anyone else want to have a go feel free, otherwise I'll do it late morning.

Let us hope that last night's victory boosts our confidence. We often play well against the top teams and Pompey are certainly one of those! Assuming Simon Cox is fit we have to ensure that we play the ball to him rather than just hoofing hopefully. Who can do that.....?

I would also save Theo until the 60th minute when he can come on and run around a lot, creating space for Cox. I'm a bit worried that SCP would put Theo on...... and take Cox off, his substitutions don't seem to be his strong point....

Going to this one with my son, short trip for us living in Southampton, last game was Bristol Rovers, not a great game but a 1-0 win, so looking forward to this one. Our squad has been hit by injuries, some long term, so we need to dig deep and paly for the manager and the club and for the fans to get behind whoever the manager selects. Should be a good atmosphere, anyone any ideas how many tickets have been sold? Up the Blues!!

This is going to be what I think is our hardest game this season. Pompey only losing one game all season and drawing 5.
Saying that, they have scored less goals that POSH, Barnsley, Sunderland and the hatters. However they have only let in 15, so this game will be tough.

Definitely need Cox back, Theo on bench as said above, Oxley will need to be on fire as will our defence.

Let us hope that last night's victory boosts our confidence. We often play well against the top teams and Pompey are certainly one of those! Assuming Simon Cox is fit we have to ensure that we play the ball to him rather than just hoofing hopefully. Who can do that.....?

I would also save Theo until the 60th 90th minute when he can come on and run around a lot, creating space for Cox. I'm a bit worried that SCP would put Theo on...... and take Cox off, his substitutions don't seem to be his strong point....

Corrected your typo ...................

Recently ordered 2 tickets for the game and the lady in the ticket office wasn't sure on exact numbers, but implied that over 500 had been sold

Constant sniping at Theo is so tiresome.
He's our player, he always works hard and our top scorer/centre forward is out for the season.
We can't sign anyone and McCoulsky is clearly not a better option so just get over yourselves and give some support to a decent pro who has always put a shift in for us.

I know Pompey class us as one of their bogey teams however I unfortunately can't see anything other than a loss. Would take a draw right now.

Funny how 80% voted for Bishop clearly got it wrong and up to now 100% are vvoting for Oxley. Fickle and humble pie comes to mind.

Toddlers LOL. Ben will be coming on with a nappy bag and gripe water soon then

Current injury list = 7

3 with nappy rash
2 with wind
and 2 are having afternoon naps

:Smile:

Back