• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Portsmouth FC vs Southend Utd

What's your choice for Saturday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny how 80% voted for Bishop clearly got it wrong and up to now 100% are vvoting for Oxley. Fickle and humble pie comes to mind.
People voted for Bishop because he'd played the previous 3 Checkatrade matches and people felt he deserved to carry on in that cup as a result. Unless the humble pie is for thinking Powell would take it less seriously than he actually did there's no pie to be had here because no one was claiming Oxley shouldn't start the next league match.

Has there been any news on Bunn? Is he injured or ill? Cox was ill a little while ago so I imagine that might have spread.

Oxley
Bwomono White Turner Hendrie
Kightly Dieng Mantom Bunn
Cox McLaughlin

Whenever I have seen McLaughlin thrown forward and more central he has caused problems. Quick, can shoot, decent finisher and its often overlooked that he is pretty decent and a threat in the air. And of course works hard.

People voted for Bishop because he'd played the previous 3 Checkatrade matches and people felt he deserved to carry on in that cup as a result. Unless the humble pie is for thinking Powell would take it less seriously than he actually did there's no pie to be had here because no one was claiming Oxley shouldn't start the next league match.
No they voted for Bishop because Oxley made a mistake against Barnsley if we had beaten Barnsley it would have been interesting how many would have voted for him then.

vThe 80% that voted for oxley to be dropped and bishop play last night. Not noticed the oxley haters being vocal since 10pm last night.

Your comment is very out of context. Most people voted for Nathan because they felt he deserved to be selected after playing the first 3 checkatrade games, not because anyone hated Oxley. However most people would agree Oxley's last 2 or 3 games had not been very good and in his own post match interview he said he had been making mistakes.

No offence intended to your comments

vThe 80% that voted for oxley to be dropped and bishop play last night. Not noticed the oxley haters being vocal since 10pm last night.

In fairness, the vote was for the Luton match, which was a CheckATrade game where Nathan had been the goalkeeper in the three group matches.

In my case, on the pre-match thread, I also voted for some other younger members of the squad to play last night.

Oxley has had my vote in all League and FA Cup games.

Constant sniping at Theo is so tiresome.
He's our player, he always works hard and our top scorer/centre forward is out for the season.
We can't sign anyone and McCoulsky is clearly not a better option so just get over yourselves and give some support to a decent pro who has always put a shift in for us.

Fair do's Spenser...I've followed young Theo since his 1st stint with us...on here it's "banter" 60 mins, 90 mins..and playing with numbers 96 mins...I wouldn't and don't harang our players when actually at the ground (home or away).

I agree, we aren't exactly blessed with free scoring strikers at the moment...and that it's unlikely to improve during December.

Last season Teeeeeooo had a go, didn't do very well - games - goals ratio..then suddenly found his Midas touch and he became a hero.

This season it just hasn't happened for him yet...lots of effort but few goals....maybe he'll give us seasonal joy (goals), beginning this weekend..a striker's life is based upon confidence..:Think:

Has there been any news on Bunn? Is he injured or ill? Cox was ill a little while ago so I imagine that might have spread.
CP tweeted last night that Bunn missed the game with a groin injury. Presume he was the other player that was 50/50 like Dieng.

CP tweeted last night that Bunn missed the game with a groin injury. Presume he was the other player that was 50/50 like Dieng.
What's the betting that all those with sore what evers will be off that treatment table and very ready for Portsmouth.

Am I right that Portsmouth don’t do on the day tickets for away fans? If so does anyone know todays cut off time to purchase a ticket from the club? Thanks

So the consensus so far appears to be:

Oxley
White Turner Moore
Bwonomo Hendrie
Hyam Dieng Mantom
McLaughlin Cox

Bet that's not going to be too far away from what SCP picks - injuries to Yearwood and Bunn permitting

T

Thanks , didn’t say when the cut off point was to buy tho

"Tickets for Blues' Sky Bet League One game against Portsmouth on Saturday 8th December will come off sale today at 3pm... "

"Tickets will be available to purchase on the day of the game and it will be cash only on the away ticket booth."

No they voted for Bishop because Oxley made a mistake against Barnsley if we had beaten Barnsley it would have been interesting how many would have voted for him then.
No they didn’t. How do you not what other people are thinking? I voted for Bishop because I felt he deserved a chance to build on his last 3 performances and was anticipating Powell to take the game less seriously than he did. No one thinks Bishop is better than Oxley right now because of one mistake.

No they didn’t. How do you not what other people are thinking? I voted for Bishop because I felt he deserved a chance to build on his last 3 performances and was anticipating Powell to take the game less seriously than he did. No one thinks Bishop is better than Oxley right now because of one mistake.
So I don't know what other people are thinking but you do

I think you'd have a better case if people were voting more for Bishop tomorrow.

Back