• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Portsmouth FC vs Southend Utd

What's your choice for Saturday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SOUTHEND United winger Stephen McLaughlin will head to Portsmouth tomorrow having rediscovered his best form and confidence.

More...

Hopefully the weather conditions will help us out over 50mph winds might help us stop them playing

That's silly ...... This is Portsmouth we are talking about .... 50 MPH winds to them are like a slight breeze in Essex

:Thumbs up::Smile::Smile:

If there is a pay on the day / cash only maybe we'll get closer to 1,000 Shrimpers on tour - which, considering recent form, League placing, is pretty good in my book !
UTB

SOUTHEND United goalkeeper Mark Oxley will be heading to Portsmouth on a high after helping the Shrimpers reach the last 16 of the Checkatrade Trophy.

More...

I’d like:
Oxley
Elvis White Turner Moore
Bunn Mantom Dieng Mcaughlin
Dru
Cox

Get Dru up the pitch a bit so if he loses the ball with a drag back it doesn’t make my brain fall out...
Despite the injuries I am inclined to think “WE LOOK GOOD ON PAPER”.
I find it tough to watch Hendrie. He’s worked very hard to do a job for us and he’s improved but I wouldn’t mind Moore there someone more comfortable on the ball. It allows Elvis to bomb on and we sort of act as a back 3 and we can shuffle over once Elvis goes forward.
I think Dru further forward would be worth a go I remember Sturrock doing similar with Kane Ferdinand and he grabbed some goals and it really made him composed as a CM. Must play with 2 wingers so Cox can also come deep. False 9 and a number 10...

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell will be seeking improvements in attack when the Shrimpers take on table-topping Portsmouth tomorrow.

More...

Just spoke to pompey fan/friend ..... Home seats sold out :Smile2:

There only there to see the Southend.

Was at a DMA's gig in Portsmouth last night - full of Pompey fans (the downside of the gig) who kept letting off flares (it was a cassy venue). There may be one empty seat in the home end on Saturday as one f them got arrested:Smile:

Morning
Have a safe journey, enjoy the game but not the result!
Pubs. Good campanion in eastern rd.
pubs to avoid
Milton arms.
Other than that they are all friendly nowadays.

Us
Well we’ve won 7 games in league and cup in a row now and we just keep finding ways.
As fans we are delighted and surprised but now that attitude of winning is becoming a good thing. The crowd is responding and it’s always better when away fans turn up.
We don’t score lots but have started to hit multiple times in games.
Ones to watch
All the front 3 are unplayable on their day.
Curtis is getting the headlines but Lowe is so tricky and Hawkins wins everything in the air.
Thompson in midfield. Box to box terrier.
Defence both Clarke and Whatmough are destined for better levels.
MacGillivray in goal has been very safe too.

We have been beaten at home by gillingham!
And drawn with burton and Wycombe.
Everyone has s bad day!
We are due another kick up the pants. Just hope it’s not tomorrow.

I’m going for a 2-1 home win. Well you’ve got to.

Back