• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Portsmouth FC vs Southend Utd

What's your choice for Saturday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning
Have a safe journey, enjoy the game but not the result!
Pubs. Good campanion in eastern rd.
pubs to avoid
Milton arms.
Other than that they are all friendly nowadays.

Us
Well we’ve won 7 games in league and cup in a row now and we just keep finding ways.
As fans we are delighted and surprised but now that attitude of winning is becoming a good thing. The crowd is responding and it’s always better when away fans turn up.
We don’t score lots but have started to hit multiple times in games.
Ones to watch
All the front 3 are unplayable on their day.
Curtis is getting the headlines but Lowe is so tricky and Hawkins wins everything in the air.
Thompson in midfield. Box to box terrier.
Defence both Clarke and Whatmough are destined for better levels.
MacGillivray in goal has been very safe too.

We have been beaten at home by gillingham!
And drawn with burton and Wycombe.
Everyone has s bad day!
We are due another kick up the pants. Just hope it’s not tomorrow.

I’m going for a 2-1 home win. Well you’ve got to.

We have half our strongest team out injured, so as you can score for fun from all angles, you should win quite comfortably. It's got 3-0 written all over it. So if we get a draw I will be over the moon.

Can't see us starting with anything but a back 5 and lone striker. My team is:

Oxley
Bwomono, White, Turner, Moore, Hendrie
Hyam, Mantom
Bunn, McLaughlin
Cox

Bunn and Macca to be up just behind Cox to give more support. Theo is still a great option as a sub, we just need to be making subs earlier if we need them. Late subs is a huge failing of Chris'.

Would have loved to go but work Christmas Party is tonight and we're sitting down to eat at 7, no way would I have made it back in time (I know where I'd rather be though!).

Ones to watch
Curtis is getting the headlines but Lowe is so tricky and Hawkins wins everything in the air.

Thanks for the post. Always helpful for those travelling. :Thumbs up:

While you're here, what was the deal with Conor Chaplin. Looked your best player at our place last season, but there he was pitching up for Coventry the other week?

Just some advice for those travelling by car, parking in the town centre and Gunwharf Quays car parks will be busy this time of year, the park and ride is a much better option, buses run every 10 mins and £4 per car up to 5 people, will take you into town but I suggest getting dropped off on The Hard, walking distance to Gunwharf Quays for bars and places to eat, bars and a chippy on The Hard and the station Portsmouth Harbour for trains to Fratton. this is the way I will be going today. good luck safe arrival and enjoy. Up The Blues!!!

there's an awful lot of give up/surrender posts on here. Well **** that, lets go out there with a snarl, togetherness and a couple of goals and take the points. That would stuff their unbeaten record.

Morning
Have a safe journey, enjoy the game but not the result!
Pubs. Good campanion in eastern rd.
pubs to avoid
Milton arms.
Other than that they are all friendly nowadays.

Us
Well we’ve won 7 games in league and cup in a row now and we just keep finding ways.
As fans we are delighted and surprised but now that attitude of winning is becoming a good thing. The crowd is responding and it’s always better when away fans turn up.
We don’t score lots but have started to hit multiple times in games.
Ones to watch

We have been beaten at home by gillingham!
And drawn with burton and Wycombe.
Everyone has s bad day!
We are due another kick up the pants. Just hope it’s not tomorrow.

I’m going for a 2-1 home win. Well you’ve got to.
Yes, even though we beat you 3-1 in our previous encounter Lowe really stood out. Looks a cracking player.

Can't see us starting with anything but a back 5 and lone striker. My team is:

Oxley
Bwomono, White, Turner, Moore, Hendrie
Hyam, Mantom
Bunn, McLaughlin
Cox

Bunn and Macca to be up just behind Cox to give more support. Theo is still a great option as a sub, we just need to be making subs earlier if we need them. Late subs is a huge failing of Chris'.

Would have loved to go but work Christmas Party is tonight and we're sitting down to eat at 7, no way would I have made it back in time (I know where I'd rather be though!).
In fairness he's got it right on the last two occasions even if they were late.

Less than 15 minutes to team selection publication, I'm as excited as an excited person.

Back